boston college career center
Diversity refers to the range of human differences that include primary or internal dimensions such as age, gender, race, ethnicity, physical and mental ability and sexual orientation, and secondary or external dimensions such as thought styles, religion, nationality, socio-economic status, belief systems, military experience and education.
The mission of the Boston College Career Center is to empower all students to pursue meaningful careers and lives. In order to do this, the Career Center offers specific career readiness resources to AHANA students, LGBTQ students, students with disabilities, international students, women, student athletes, and veterans.
These TED Talks can give you some great talking points and perspectives on the experiences of other people. We’d encourage you to watch the ones that resonate with you and that may expose you to viewpoints to which you may have been previously unaware.
- Color blind or color brave – Mellody Hobson
- The danger of a single story – Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- The danger of hiding who you are – Morgana Bailey
- Embrace the shake – Phil Hansen
- Finding your voice in the workplace – Jennifer Brown
- How autism freed me to be myself – Rosie King
- How to overcome our biases? Walk boldly towards them – Verna Myers
- How to talk to veterans about the War – Wes Moore
- Looking past limits – Caroline Casey
- My 12 pairs of legs – Aimee Mullins
- Student athlete education – Richard Sherman
- This tennis icon paved the way for women in sports – Billie Jean King
- Why we have too few women leaders – Sheryl Sandberg
- Why veterans miss war – Sebastian Junger