We're on Your Team!
Our career coaches are here to partner with you on your career journey. We offer several types of coaching services, including drop-in hours, career exploration appointments, and industry-specific appointments. The below tools will help you find the right appointment type for you and inform you how to proceed. We look forward to connecting with you.
The health and safety of our community is our top priority. As a result, all of our services, including career coaching and drop-in hours, will be virtual for the Spring 2021 semester. We want to reassure you that we will continue to provide a high level of service and support. The information below will help you find the right appointment type to meet your goals.
Career Cluster Mini-Session Hours
Mini-sessions are open hours to meet directly with career cluster coaches. No appointment is needed. Drop-in for a quick conversation or document review.
|Business, Consulting, and Finance||Thursdays, 2:30–4:00 p.m. EST||https://zoom.us/j/425957877|
|Education, Nonprofit, and Social Service||Wednesdays, 4:00–5:30 p.m. EST||https://zoom.us/j/97892500053|
|Government, Law, and Public Policy||Fridays, 2:00–3:30 p.m. EST||https://bccte.zoom.us/j/97525440353|
Career coaching is available to all undergraduate students and graduate students currently enrolled in degree-granting programs within MCAS, CSON, LSOEHD, WCAS, and STM, as well as alumni within five years of graduation. We currently do not serve students in exclusively online programs.
For Virtual Appointments
Use your Handshake account to schedule an exploration or career cluster appointment with a career coach.
- Log in to your Handshake account.
- Select "Career Center" and then "Appointments"
- Click the "Schedule a New Appointment" button.
- Choose the appropriate category from the list. We offer appointments in all of our career clusters.
- Select the type of appointment from the list.
- Select a time that works for your schedule.
- Select the appointment medium (Google Meet or Phone) and fill out the required fields.
For Virtual Drop-In Hours
You do not need to schedule an appointment to attend a virtual drop in. Simply join via Zoom during scheduled hours.
Spring 2021 drop-in hours:
Monday–Friday, 12:00–4:00 p.m. EST | Zoom
We recommend graduate students and alumni attend between 12:00–2:00 p.m. to meet with a career coach.
Upon conclusion of a career coaching discussion, you will feel you have made progress in addressing your current career questions and be able to:
- Articulate 1-3 next steps in your career discernment and planning.
- Identify at least one career resource available to you based on your current career needs.
In addition, depending on the content of your career coaching discussion, you may be able to:
- Connect the skills you are gaining at Boston College to potential career options.
- Describe at least one tool or strategy you can use to explore career fields.
- Identify at least one skill you hope to incorporate into your career paths that aligns with the skills employers are seeking in recent college graduates.
- Connect the skills, interests and values you are gaining at Boston College to specific opportunities of interest.
- Articulate your experiences, skills, interests, and values in application materials such as resumes, cover letters, LinkedIn profiles, and personal statements.
- Verbally explain how your experiences, skills, interests, and values relate to opportunities.
- Create a plan to develop the skills and competencies required for a particular field of interest.
- Outline a plan of action for your search process.
- Articulate at least one tip or strategy for communicating effectively with alumni and professionals.