Connect with Employers and Alumni
The Career Center hosts large career and internship fairs as well as smaller industry-specific fairs and networking events to connect Boston College students with alumni and employers. Fairs and networking events are an opportunity to discover different industries and organizations and make connections in person. All events can be found in Handshake.
Fall Career and Internship Fair
Thursday, September 17, 2020
1:00–5:00 p.m. EST
Our annual Fall Career and Internship Fair is our largest fair of the year with more than 100 employers. It is open to all Boston College students and is designed for students looking for full-time and internship opportunities. To help our campus stay healthy and safe, this year's Fall Career and Internship Fair will be virtual and hosted on Handshake.
What to expect:
During the virtual career fair, you will have the opportunity to learn about employers at group sessions and/or connect directly with recruiters during one-on-one sessions.
- Group Sessions: 30-minute group meetings that accommodate up to 50 students each. Recruiters will share information about their organization and potential opportunities. While you do not need to register for group sessions before the event, we highly recommend registering early to guarantee your spot.
- One-on-One Sessions: 10-minute meetings with recruiters. You will have the opportunity to introduce yourself and ask questions about the organization. You must register for one-on-one sessions before the day of the event. Sessions are limited and booked on a first-come, first-served basis. We highly recommend registering early to guarantee your spot.
How to register:
Registration will open on Saturday, September 12, 2020. All students wishing to participate in the fair must have a Handshake profile and must register for the event in Handshake.
Once you register for the event, you will be able to schedule one-on-one and group sessions with employers. All schedules are booked on a first-come, first-served bases. We highly recommend you research employers on Handshake prior to the opening of registration so you are prepared to schedule your sessions.
Prepare for the Fair Workshop
Monday, September 14
7:00–7:40 p.m. EST
Learn best practices for researching organizations, registering for group and individual sessions, and interacting with employers virtually.
Handshake Virtual Fair Demo
Tuesday, September 15
5:00 p.m. EST
Join Handshake experts as they walk through a live demonstration of how to attend a virtual career fair.
Is the Fall Fair for you?
While the fair is open to all students, you may find it is not the best option for you at this time. That is OK! We offer many other opportunities to make connections in a variety of industries. All events are listed in Handshake.
Resources to Prepare:
Get career fair-ready:
- Virtual Career Fairs Are Here! Next Stop: Getting Hired
- Attending a Virtual Career Fair? Here Are 10 Tips You Need to Know
- How to Prepare Your Virtual Career Fair “Elevator Pitch”
- How to Prepare for Virtual 1-on-1 Sessions
- How to Impress Employers at Virtual Events
- The 3 Must-Haves on Your Handshake Profile
Steps to Prepare
Research attending employers
View the list of attending employers in the Handshake event to see who you might want to connect with. Check back often for new employer registrations. Learn about the organization and prepare questions to ask during the sessions.
Register for the fair and sessions
Registration will open on Saturday, September 12, 2020 in the Handshake event. Once you register for the event, you will be able to schedule one-on-one and group sessions with employers. All schedules are booked on a first-come, first-served bases.