Access to Free Professional Attire
The Boston College Career Closet provides all students access to new and gently used professional attire for interviews, career fairs, networking events, and the workplace. The goal of the Career Closet is to remove financial barriers that may prevent students with the highest need from looking and feeling their best during the internship and job search process.
How It Works:
The Boston College Career Closet is open to all Boston College students. Any items taken from the closet are 100% free of charge and yours to keep. No returns are necessary. You may take and keep up to three items in an academic year.
There are two options to access the closet: visit our office in person to browse our selection or browse items online and pick them up at our office. You can find detailed steps below.
Follow the steps below:
- View our Available Inventory prior to visiting to ensure we will have items that meet your needs.
- Visit the Career Closet at the Career Center at 38 Commonwealth Avenue. The closet is first-come, first served, no appointment is necessary.
- One of our staff members will accompany you to answer questions, offer advice, and assist you with checking out. While your privacy will be respected, we want to make sure you have the best shopping experience possible to meet your goals.
- Once you find your items, you are free to take them. Any items taken from the closet are free of charge and yours to keep. No returns are necessary. You may take and keep up to three items in an academic year.
Fall 2021 Hours
|Monday–Friday||11 a.m.–4 p.m.|
|Weekends & Holidays||Closed|
Follow the steps below:
- View our Available Inventory.
- Access our online Item Request Form to indicate what item(s) you would like to receive.
- Follow the instructions carefully on the Item Request Form. Items requested from the closet are granted on a first-come, first served basis.
- Requested items will be extracted from the closet (or delivered to the Career Center if currently out of stock).
- Pickup your requested item from the front desk at the Career Center at 38 Commonwealth Avenue.
- Any items taken from the closet are free of charge and yours to keep. No returns are necessary. You may take and keep up to three items in an academic year.
We strive to include all shapes, sizes, and orientations, however we cannot guarantee the availability of all sizes and styles to meet your preferences due to limited resources. We invite you to email or call our office if you experience difficulties with the available online inventory, as we may be able to offer an alternative to accommodate you based on available resources.
Help the Career Closet Initiative
If you are interested in supporting our students, we welcome business formal and business casual donations to our closet from members of the Boston College community. Quality is our top priority. All donations must be new or gently worn, in wearable condition, and cleaned. Please contact our office at email@example.com and a member of our team will respond. Any unusable items will be donated to a charitable organization or elsewhere on campus.
Items we are looking for:
Business professional full-suit attire
Dress shirts and blouses
Blazers, professional jackets, and vests
Dress slacks, khakis, and skirts
New dress socks and tights
Accessories (ties, belts, scarves)