Please note that the Covid-19 pandemic may require us to modify our traditional in-person Commencement ceremony for 2022. The information below is currently archived from the prior year; it should only be used as a general guide and is subject to change. More details on the ceremony plans, as well as information for our graduates on our Commencement Eve award celebration will be available later in the spring.
Chestnut Hill Campus
Commencement Video: 2021 Ceremony
Make plans to celebrate with the Class of 2022!
Note: all content below refers to the 2021 ceremony. This information will be updated as we get closer to our May 27, 2022 date.
Due to Covid-19 restrictions, the Law School will be allowing two guests per graduate at Commencement this year. A registration and ticketing process will be put in place, details to be sent to all graduates via email. The Ceremony will be live streamed on this page for family and friends.
Pronunciation of Names
Please contact the Office of Academic and Student Services to ensure that your name is read properly.
Caps and Gowns
- All students should have ordered their cap and gown online through the BC Bookstore by April 30. The cost to purchase was $75 for the Doctoral souvenir gown, hood, tam, and tassel; the Doctoral premium gown was $226. We anticipate the vast majority of students will use the souvenir gown, but the premium gown is a slightly thicker cloth. Both are suitable for Commencement.
- If you did not order your garb by the deadline, limited supplies may still be available through the Bookstore. Please contact Ben at email@example.com or 617-552-4923.
- We will distribute your caps and gowns on May 25-27, between 9 am-5 pm, at the BC Law Bookstore. Emergency pickup will be available the morning of Commencement in Conte Forum. If you are not available to pick up during any of these dates and times, please contact Ben at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-552-4923.
- Students will be required to fill out the Career Services Office exit survey before being allowed to pick up their gown.
- If you are not attending in person, but would like to participate virtually in Commencement, we will ship your order to you so you will be able to appear on camera in your cap and gown. Please contact Ben to arrange shipping. If you are not participating in Commencement, but would still like to purchase a cap and gown, you may also contact Ben to give him your shipping info.
GradImages has been selected as our Commencement photographer. The company will be taking photos of each graduate after they receive their diploma. More information will be available soon.
Friday, May 28, 10:30 am
Conte Forum, Boston College’s Chestnut Hill Campus
Virtual and limited in-person events
A list of hotels offering discounts for BC graduation can be found here.
If you have mobility restrictions that will require assisted drop-off at the entrance to Conte Forum on Commencement morning, please contact Joan Manna via email or at (617) 552- 4344.
Belmont Medical Supply
185 Belmont Street
Belmont, MA 02478
Sullivan's Medical Supply
1 Corinth Street
Roslindale, MA 02131
617-323-0304 (preferred number, leave a message) or 617-325-0013
575 University Avenue
Norwood, MA 02072
800-649-2422 (Customer Service option #1)
Conte Forum, Chestnut Hill Campus
140 Commonwealth Avenue
Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts
Note: Parking will be in the Beacon Street Garage
2601 Beacon Street, Chestnut Hill, MA
- Massachusetts bar certifications will be submitted electronically for all graduates regardless of where the graduate is taking the bar. The SJC requires that Massachusetts law schools file electronically. No paper forms are allowed.
- Review bar related online resources on the student CSO GoogleDrive (You must be logged into Google using your BC Law email account)
- Out-of-state bar certifications: Submit to Academic Services for completion, Stuart M308
- For further assistance with bar process and applications generally, contact Nina Farber, Director of Academic Success, located in Academic and Student Services, Stuart M308
Official Start and Graduation Dates (For Bar Application)
- Official date of Graduation: Monday, May 24, 2021 (Law School Commencement exercises will occur on May 28)
- Last date of attendance: May 17, 2021
- Official start date: August 23, 2018 (*transfer students started August 26, 2019)