Chestnut Hill Campus
2023 Commencement Video Archive
Congratulations, Class of 2024!
Please note: Some of the information on this page is archived from the 2023 Commencement celebration, and will be updated in early spring 2024.
Graduates may bring an unlimited number of guests to the ceremony. Registration for you and your guests is coming soon.
Pronunciation of Names
The Commencement team currently plans to use a Google form to collect graduates' proper pronunciations. The form will provide an option for you to use your NameCoach recording, should you prefer to do so. Please note: some students may have recorded and entered their phonetic spelling in the NameCoach system for the purposes of being called on in class, rather than the formal name they would like read at graduation. If you would like to change how your name is recorded or spelled in Name Coach for graduation, please do so by following instructions here. For any graduates who have not yet entered their information in the Name Coach system, you may do so now. Please contact email@example.com with any questions of concerns.
Caps and Gowns
- All students must order their cap and gown online through the BC Bookstore by early April. Last year, the cost to purchase was $105 for the Doctoral souvenir gown, hood, tam, and tassel; the Doctoral premium gown was $270. We will confirm or update the price for Class of 2024 when we receive it from the vendor. We anticipate the vast majority of students will use the souvenir gown, but the premium gown is a slightly thicker cloth. Both are suitable for Commencement.
- If you do not order your garb by the deadline, limited supplies may still be available through the Bookstore. If that occurs, please contact Ben at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-552-4923.
- We will distribute your caps and gowns the week of Commencement from the BC Law Bookstore in the basement of Stuart House. Emergency pickup will be available the morning of Commencement in Conte Forum. If you are not available to pick up during any of these dates and times, please contact Ben at email@example.com or 617-552-4923.
- Students will be required to fill out the Career Services Office exit survey in SAGE (coming soon) before being allowed to pick up their gown or receive their diploma.
- If you are not participating in Commencement, but would still like to purchase a cap and gown, you may contact Ben to give him your shipping info. Please clarify that you will not be attending in person, and simply prefer to order garb as a souvenir.
GradImages has been selected as our Commencement photographer. The company has over 40 years of experience and is used by many college and universities around the country. They will take photos of each graduate as they cross the stage, and these photos will be available for purchase, as well as custom photo products like prints, plaques, and specialty gifts.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your photos, please contact the GradImages Customer Service Department at (800) 261-2576, online at www.gradimages.com, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Boston College Police Department has issued the following guidelines to enhance security and to facilitate the quick entrance of all guests for our Commencement Exercises.
To allow for expedited entrance for all guests, Boston College strongly recommends individuals attending Commencement Ceremonies refrain from carrying non-clear bags and or purses into the stadium. All bags including purses are subject to search prior to entry for the below prohibited items. Bags deemed too large by stadium security including backpacks, camera bags, luggage and/or duffle bags are strictly prohibited from entry and should be stored in the graduates residence until post ceremonies. Medical bags and diaper bags accompanied by an infant will be searched and allowed into the venue.
Commencement Eve Awards Celebration
May 23, 2024
300 Hammond Pond Parkway, Chestnut Hill (directions here)
May 24, 2024
Church of Saint Ignatius of Loyola, Chestnut Hill campus
Students attending Mass should wear their cap and gown and move to under the Alumni Stadium bleachers immediately following the service for Commencement line up. A shuttle bus for guests with mobility restrictions will be available at St. Ignatius for transportation to Conte Forum.
Law School Commencement Ceremony
May 24, 2024
10:30 am-12:45 pm
Conte Forum, Chestnut Hill campus
Commencement parking for you and your family is available at no charge in the Beacon Street garage adjacent to Conte Forum. If you or a family member has mobility restrictions that will require assisted drop-off at the entrance to Conte Forum on Friday morning, please complete this form.
May 24, 2024
Conte Forum, Chestnut Hill campus
Bar Review (Details TBD)
Corn Hole Tournament + BBQ @ BC Law (Details TBD)
Note: No plus-1
Other events TBD; LSA will email students with details
A list of hotels offering discounts for BC graduation can be found here.
If you have mobility restrictions that will require assisted drop-off at the entrance to Conte Forum on Commencement morning, please complete this form.
Boston College is unable to provide wheelchairs at the event. If you are in need, here are options for rentals:
Belmont Medical Supply
185 Belmont Street
Belmont, MA 02478
Sullivan's Medical Supply
1 Corinth Street
Roslindale, MA 02131
617-323-0304 (preferred number, leave a message) or 617-325-0013
4 Presidential Way
Woburn, MA 01801
Conte Forum, Chestnut Hill Campus
140 Commonwealth Avenue
Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts
Note: Parking will be in the Beacon Street Garage
2601 Beacon Street, Chestnut Hill, MA
- Massachusetts bar certifications will be submitted electronically for all graduates regardless of where the graduate is taking the bar. The SJC requires that Massachusetts law schools file electronically. No paper forms are allowed.
- Review bar related online resources on the student CSO GoogleDrive (You must be logged into Google using your BC Law email account)
- Out-of-state bar certifications: Submit to Academic Services for completion, Stuart M308
- For further assistance with bar process and applications generally, contact Nina Farber, Director of Academic Success, located in Academic and Student Services, Stuart M308
Official Start and Graduation Dates (For Bar Application)
- Official date of Graduation: Monday, May 20, 2024 (Law School Commencement exercises will occur on May 24)
- Last date of attendance: May 13, 2024
- Official start date: August 25, 2021 (*transfer students started August 24, 2022)