Chestnut Hill Campus
Archive: 2022 Commencement Video
Congratulations, Class of 2023!
Please note: The information on this page is incomplete and will be updated in early spring 2023.
Graduates may bring an unlimited number of guests to the ceremony. A registration page will be coming soon to give us a better sense of the crowd size. Commencement will be live streamed on this page for family and friends.
Pronunciation of Names
The Commencement team currently plans to use the NameCoach system for propoer pronunciations. If you did not participate in the system, please contact the Office of Academic and Student Services to ensure that your name is read properly.
Caps and Gowns
- All students must order their cap and gown online through the BC Bookstore by mid-April, 2023 (final date TBD). Last year, the cost to purchase was $105 for the Doctoral souvenir gown, hood, tam, and tassel; the Doctoral premium gown was $270. The prices are subject to change. We anticipate the vast majority of students will use the souvenir gown, but the premium gown is a slightly thicker cloth. Both are suitable for Commencement.
- If you do not order your garb by the deadline, limited supplies may still be available through the Bookstore. If that occurs, please contact Ben at email@example.com or 617-552-4923.
- We will distribute your caps and gowns in May (dates TBD) from the BC Law Bookstore in the basement of Stuart House. Emergency pickup will be available the morning of Commencement in Conte Forum. If you are not available to pick up during any of these dates and times, please contact Ben at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-552-4923.
- Students will be required to fill out the Career Services Office exit survey in SAGE before being allowed to pick up their gown or receive their diploma.
- If you are not participating in Commencement, but would still like to purchase a cap and gown, you may contact Ben to give him your shipping info. Please clarify that you will not be attending in person, and simply prefer to order garb as a souvenir.
GradImages has been selected as our Commencement photographer. The company has over 40 years of experience and is used by many college and universities around the country. They will take photos of each graduate as they cross the stage, and these photos will be available for purchase, as well as custom photo products like prints, plaques, and specialty gifts.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your photos, please contact the GradImages Customer Service Department at (800) 261-2576, online at www.gradimages.com, or email email@example.com.
The Boston College Police Department has issued the following guidelines to enhance security and to facilitate the quick entrance of all guests for our Commencement Exercises.
Luggage, backpacks, briefcases, large bags, and wrapped gifts will not be allowed into or stored at St. Ignatius, Alumni Stadium or Conte Forum. Only a small clutch purse will be allowed. Cameras with a lens no larger than four inches are permissible. Also, no food or drink will be allowed into the event.
These policies are meant solely to expedite entry into our venues and provide security and comfort for those who will be in attendance. Additional security personnel will also be on hand as a precaution.
William B. Evans
Executive Director of Public Safety & Chief of Boston College Police Department
4th Annual Graduate Students Virtual Toast
Day and Time TBD
Presented by the Office of Graduate Student Life, Graduate Student Association, Office of the Provost, and Alumni Association
More information to follow
Commencement Eve Awards Celebration
May 25, 2023
Mone Courtyard, Law Campus (rain location, Yellow Room)
May 26, 2023
Church of Saint Ignatius of Loyola, Chestnut Hill campus
Students attending Mass should wear their cap and gown and move to under the Alumni Stadium bleachers immediately following the service for Commencement line up. A shuttle bus for guests with mobility restrictions will be available at St. Ignatius for transportation to Conte Forum.
Law School Commencement Ceremony
May 26, 2023
Conte Forum, Chestnut Hill campus
Commencement parking for you and your family is available at no charge in the Beacon Street garage adjacent to Conte Forum. If you or a family member has mobility restrictions that will require assisted drop-off at the entrance to Conte Forum on Friday morning, please contact Amanda Crowley by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone at 617-552-4344.
May 26, 2023
Conte Forum, Chestnut Hill campus
Virtual and limited in-person events
The LSA will email students with details
A list of hotels offering discounts for BC graduation can be found here.
If you have mobility restrictions that will require assisted drop-off at the entrance to Conte Forum on Commencement morning, please contact Amanda Crowley via email or at (617) 552- 4344.
Belmont Medical Supply
185 Belmont Street
Belmont, MA 02478
Sullivan's Medical Supply
1 Corinth Street
Roslindale, MA 02131
617-323-0304 (preferred number, leave a message) or 617-325-0013
575 University Avenue
Norwood, MA 02072
800-649-2422 (Customer Service option #1)
Conte Forum, Chestnut Hill Campus
140 Commonwealth Avenue
Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts
Note: Parking will be in the Beacon Street Garage
2601 Beacon Street, Chestnut Hill, MA
- Massachusetts bar certifications will be submitted electronically for all graduates regardless of where the graduate is taking the bar. The SJC requires that Massachusetts law schools file electronically. No paper forms are allowed.
- Review bar related online resources on the student CSO GoogleDrive (You must be logged into Google using your BC Law email account)
- Out-of-state bar certifications: Submit to Academic Services for completion, Stuart M308
- For further assistance with bar process and applications generally, contact Nina Farber, Director of Academic Success, located in Academic and Student Services, Stuart M308
Official Start and Graduation Dates (For Bar Application) NOTE: the below is for the Class of 2022. Updated information coming soon.
- Official date of Graduation: Monday, May 22, 2023 (Law School Commencement exercises will occur on May 26)
- Last date of attendance: May 15, 2023
- Official start date: August 27, 2020 (*transfer students started August 25, 2021)