Anzalone, Filippa Marullo, Professor and Associate Dean for Library and Technology Services
A.B., Smith College; M.S.L.S., Simmons College; J.D., Suffolk University.
Breda, Karen, Legal Information Librarian & Lecturer in Law
B.A., Willamette University; J.D., University of Oregon; M.L.S., Simmons College.
- With Jerry Cohen and Thomas J. Carey Jr. "Employee Noncompetition Laws and Practices: A Massachusetts Paradigm Shift Goes National." Massachusetts Law Review 103: no.2 (June 2022): 31-56.
- Review of Minds, Brains, and the Law: The Conceptual Foundations of Law and Neuroscience by Michael S. Pardo and Dennis Patterson. Law Library Journal 106: no.3 (2014): 459-460.
- "Denial of Health Insurance Premium Assistance to Legal Aliens Violates Equal Protection Provision of Massachusetts Constitution." American Bar Association TIPS Insurance Regulation Committee Newsletter (Summer 2012): 9-10.
- "Massachusetts Implements Municipal Health Insurance Reform." American Bar Association TIPS Insurance Regulation Committee Newsletter (Winter 2012): 10.
- "The Dodd-Frank Act." American Bar Association TIPS Insurance Regulation Committee Newsletter (Winter 2011): 10-11.
- Assisting Editor, The Reference Handbook on the Comprehensive General Liability Policy, edited by Alan Rutkin and Robert Tugander. Chicago: ABA Publishing, 2010.
- Review of Insurance Antitrust Handbook. 2d ed. published by American Bar Association Section of Antitrust Law. Legal Information Alert 27: no. 3 (March 2008): 10-11.
- Review of Winning Legal Strategies for Insurance Law by Aspatore Books staff. Legal Information Alert 26: no.6 (June 2007): 12.
Chen, Sherry Xin, Legal Information Librarian & Lecturer in Law
B.A., Shanghai International Studies University; J.D. & M.S.L.I.S., University of Michigan.
- With Mary Ann Neary. "Brief Analysis Tools in the Legal Research Classroom: Challenges & Best Practices." AALL Spectrum 25: no. 4 (March/April 2021): 10-13.
- With Alex Zhang. "The Gaps Model and Faculty Services: Quality Analysis through a 'New' Lens." Law Library Journal 112: no. 1 (2020): 95-115.
- "Resource Reviews: HeinOnline’s Multinational Sources Combined." FCIL Newsletter 34: no. 2 (2020): 6.
- "Researching Third-Party Funding in Investor-State Dispute Settlement." GlobaLex (May 2019).
- "Resource Reviews: HeinOnline’s World Treaty Library. " FCIL Newsletter 32: no 2 (2018): 4.
- With Mary Ann Neary. "Artificial Intelligence: Legal Research and Law Librarians." AALL Spectrum, 21: no. 5 (May/June 2017): 16-20.
- "Same Sex Issues in China and Beyond." The Chinese Journal of Comparative Law 4: no. 1 (March 2016): 199-203 (reviewing Freedom and Shackles: Legal Issues Concerning Sexual Orientation and Same-Sex Partnership, Chenge Chu et al. eds., 2014).
Davis, Laurel, Legal Information Librarian & Lecturer in Law, Curator of Special Collections
B.A., Vanderbilt University; M.L.S., Simmons College; J.D., Boston College Law School.
- With Mary Sarah Bilder. "The Library of Robert Morris, Civil Rights Lawyer & Activist." Law Library Journal 111: no.4 (Fall 2019): 461-508.
- “Administrative Law—Regulations, Orders, Decisions, Opinions.” In Handbook of Legal Research in Massachusetts, 4th ed. 6:1-6:19. Boston: Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, 2017.
- “Rules of Court.” In Handbook of Legal Research in Massachusetts, 4th ed. 5:1-5:12. Boston: Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, 2017.
- With Mary Ann Neary and Susan E. Vaughn, “Teaching Advanced Legal Research in a Flipped Classroom.” Perspectives: Teaching Legal Research & Writing 22: no.1 (Fall 2013): 13-19.
- With Chester Kozikowski. "Rare Books & Technology: Collaborating Within the Library." AALL Spectrum, 17: no.1 (September/October 2012): 15-16.
- “Administrative Law—Regulations, Orders, Decisions, Opinions.” In Handbook of Legal Research in Massachusetts Handbook, 6:1-6:22. Boston: Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, 2009, 2012 & 2015 Supplements.
- “Rules of Court.” In Handbook of Legal Research in Massachusetts Handbook, 5:1-5:16. Boston: Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, 2009, 2012 Supplement.
- Review of The Special Collections Handbook by Allison Cullingford. RBM: A Journal of Rare Books, Manuscripts, and Cultural Heritage 13: no.2 (Fall 2012): 204-205.
- Review of From the Hand to the Machine—Nineteenth-Century American Paper and Mediums: Technologies, Materials, and Conservation by Cathleen A. Baker. RBM: A Journal of Rare Books, Manuscripts, and Cultural Heritage 13: no.1 (Spring 2012): 64-66.
Farne, Stephanie, Legal Information Librarian & Lecturer in Law
B.A., UMass Amherst; M.L.S. Simmons College; J.D. Northeastern University.
- With Jeffrey Bullington, Beate Gersch, Jo Ann Murphy, Lamonica Sanford, and Holt Zaugg. “COVID-19 Protocols in Academic Libraries in Canada and the United States” [Report]. ACRL VAL (Summer 2021).
- With Samantha Porter. “Keep Your Breakout Rooms from Breaking: Tools and Approaches” [Electronic Poster]. NERCOMP Annual Conference (March 2021).
- With Kathryn Hensiak and Donna Nixon. “Assessing Information Literacy Among First-Year Law Students: A Survey to Measure Research Experiences and Perceptions.” Law Library Journal 96: no. 4 (2004): 867-868.
- “Public Relations: Toot Your Own Horn: Law Librarians Should Communicate the Value of Their Professional outside of its Ranks.” AALL Spectrum 8: no. 5 (March 2004): 12-13.
- With Katryn Henisak and Donna Nixon. “You’ve Got to be in it to win it: Six Steps to Securing and Completing a Research Grant.” AALL Spectrum 8: no. 5 (March 2004), 14-17.
- Review of European Law in the Past and the Future: Unity and Diversity over Two Millennia by Raoul Van Caenegem. Law Library Journal 95: no. 4 (2003): 597-598.
Shear, Joan A., Legal Information Librarian & Lecturer in Law
B.A., University of Minnesota; J.D., Harvard; M.S.L.S., Catholic University of America.
- "The Librarian as Educator: Teaching Essential Legal Research Skills." In The Changing Role of Academic Law Librarianship, 89-102. [Boston, MA]: Aspatore Books, 2008.
- "Elevating Form Over Substance." AALL Spectrum 9: no.8 (June 2005): 10-11, 14-15.
- "Massachusetts." In State-by-State Report on Permanent Public Access to Electronic Information. Principal authors & editors, Richard J. Matthews et al., 129-133. [Washington, D.C.?] Government Relations Committee and Washington Affairs Office, American Association of Law Libraries, 2003.
- "That's Not Funny: Tiffany's, Moon River and Memory in Legal Research Education." RIPS Law Librarian 24: no.2 (Winter 2002): 2-3.
- "Could I See That Price Tag Again?" AALL Spectrum 7, no.1 (September 2002): 30.
- With Kelly Browne. "Which Legal Research Text Is Right For You?" Perspectives: Teaching Legal Research and Writing 10: no.1 (Fall 2001): 23-29.
- "Stuck in the Bargain Basement." AALL Spectrum 6: no.2 (October 2001): 34, 36.
- "Are You PR Impaired? How Would You Know?" AALL Spectrum 5: no.5 (February 2001): 14, 17.
- Review of Basic Legal Research: Tools and Strategies, by Amy E. Sloan. American Association of Law Schools, Section on Legal Writing, Reasoning and Research [Newsletter] (Spring 2000): -3.
- "On Target PR." AALL Spectrum 4, no.3 (November 1999): 14.
- "Your Public Relations Inner Child." AALL Spectrum 3: no.6 (March 1999): 12.
- "Five Keys to Public Relations Success." AALL Spectrum 3: no.3 (November 1998): 2.
- "The Front Page: Memoirs of an Annual Meeting Newspaper Editor." American Association of Law Libraries Newsletter 25:1 (September 1993): 33-34.
- Editor, Beantown Beacon, publication of the Annual Meeting of the American Association of Law Libraries in Boston, MA, July 11-14, 1993.
- "The Reference Librarian in the Academic Law Library." Legal Information Management Reports 3 (Summer 1991): 2-4.
- "Using Trash to Teach Legal Research." Reader Services Law Librarian 12: no. 4 (June 1990): 8-14. [Also appears in Integrated Legal Research 3 (Winter 1990-91): 27-30.]
- "Survey of Legal Research Skills and Needs." Reader Services Law Librarian 12: no. 3 (March 1990): 5-13.
- With Leslie Bitman and Filippa Anzalone. "The Law Librarian: Providing Information Services for Lawyers." Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly, June 5, 1989, 1-2.