Skip to main content

Secondary navigation:

Personal Property Insurance

office of residential life

Boston College does not insure student property. Further BC cannot assume liability for student possessions. To that end, students should ensure their property on Campus is covered using a plan specifically designed for Student Personal Property theft or damage. Boston College has located one such company, Arthur J. Gallagher & Co., that is listed on the Residential Life website regarding Student Personal Property insurance.

Accidental damage and water damage is included so if flooding occurs as a result of sprinklers going off, pipes freezing, or a water bottle spills on a laptop, all damage is covered. Below are plan highlights of the coverage which includes a link to Personal Property on Gallagher website where students can enroll and obtain additional information: You can also view the brochure at this link. To protect you and your property, Gallagher offers Personal Property Protection to students, faculty & staff.


Plan Highlights:

  • Covers loss due to accidental damage, theft, fire, water or vandalism
  • Covers computers, cell phones, books, clothes, and more
  • Worldwide protection, including when studying abroad or on vacation
  • Replacement Cost Coverage
  • Full 12 month policy period
  • Free Identity Theft Coverage
  • Low rates and $25 deductible option when enrolled online