Ever wonder how over 7,700 students manage to move in and out of the residence halls so many times a year? Well, to be honest, it's not easy!
Students should plan to arrive and depart on the appropriate date listed on the following pages. Adhering to the prescribed move in and move out dates helps to alleviate traffic, make both processes faster and smoother for students, as well as provide our administrative and facilities staff ample time to prepare the halls for our students. If you have any questions that these pages cannot answer, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 617-552-3060.
There are four main transitions throughout each academic year:
- Fall Opening: Takes place at the end of August through the beginning of September.
- Fall Closing: Takes place after finals end throughout early December. Students are not required to move their belongings out of the halls (unless they are permanently departing the University).
- Spring Opening: Takes place during early to mid-January.
- Spring Closing: Takes place at the end of finals in mid-May. Students are required to move out of the halls completely.
There are also four transitions throughout the summer that overlap with the academic year. The summer transitions schedule is updated and published every Spring.
Early Arrivals & Extensions:
- Early Arrivals: Students wishing to return to campus before the official hall opening must request and receive early arrival status.
- Extensions: Students wishing to stay on campus after the official hall closing must request and receive an extension approval.