First-Year Move-In: Thursday, August 24, 8am-4pm (students will need to sign up for their specific move-in time)
Upperclass and Transfer Move-In: Friday, August 25 & Saturday, August 26, 8am-5pm (students will need to sign up for their specific move-in time)
Late Arrivals Move-In: Sunday, August 27, 10am-5pm (students will need to sign up for their specific move-in time)
In an effort to space out move-in arrivals, ALL students will need to sign-up for a move-in appointment time for their residence hall. Students arriving outside of their appointment time may not be able to check-in/move-in until the next available time, which may be the next day.
Early arrivals will be limited and will require advanced approval. Please note that most requests for early arrival will not be approved. There will be an early arrival fee of $75/night prior to the residence halls opening.
- Group Early Arrivals: Only a limited number of approved groups will be permitted to move in early. If you are part of an approved group and have questions about your move-in date, contact the faculty or staff member in charge of your program.
- Individual Early Arrivals: Individual early arrival requests will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis, but most applications will be denied. Any approved early arrival student must participate in Welcome Wagon to help move-in the Class of 2027 on August 24th, and will be assigned 1-2 shifts during move-in. More details will be provided for approved early arrivals.
* All above information is tentative and subject to change.
Welcome Wagon is an opportunity to support first year students find their home at BC and assist in their move-in process in exchange for waiving up to two nights of the early move-in fee ($75 per night). The Welcome Wagon program includes over 400 members each year who are seeking to help first year students have a positive move-in, gain volunteer experience, and work on a great team. Only students who are approved to live on-campus this Fall and have been approved to move in early (prior to Friday August 25th) will be able to register to be a Welcome Wagon volunteer.
- Welcome Wagon volunteers will be required to attend an in-person training on Wednesday August 23rd at 6:00 P.M.
- Volunteers will be assigned a 5 hour shift on the Newton or Upper campus between 7:00am-4pm on Thursday August 24th.
- Volunteers will be required to check in and out with the Welcome Wagon leaders to verify engagement in the program.
- Any volunteer that does not attend the mandatory training and fulfill the required hours will be charged the $75 per night early arrival fee.
Sign-up for Welcome Wagon through your MyResLife portal.