COVID-19: Dining Updates
BC Dining continues to serve food to go at Carney's from 8am-7pm, 7 days a week.
- Breakfast: 8:00am-10:30am
- Lunch: 11:00am-2:30pm
- Lite Fare: 3:00pm-4:00pm
- Dinner: 4:00pm-7:00pm
What's on the Menu?
To meet guidelines imposed by the Governor of Massachusetts, effective March 23, BC Dining Services will serve its patrons food to go. BCDS will also be monitoring the number of customers in dining locations so as not exceed the state limit of 10 people. Due to the rapidly changing environment on campus, Carney's will be open as listed but not be following the normal set menus. We will strive to provide as many options as possible based on what products are available and our staffing levels. Be assured that we will continue to provide meals based on dietary concerns as we have in the past.
BC Dining Services has implemented the following protocol to help prevent the spread of the Coronavirus.
Dining Services will:
- Stop using reusable flatware and offer plastic ware in its place
- No longer offer self-serve salad and fruit bars
- Offer only pre-packaged and labeled salads
- Move self-serve toppings/condiments such as lettuce, tomato, pesto, etc. behind the line
- Serve pizza slices on paper plates only
- Individually wrap baked goods for customers to grab
- Not allow staff to handle reusable mugs
- Sell Flu Buddy packs in main dining halls
- Clean every 20 minutes all common touch areas such as beverage handles, refrigerator door handles, water filter push, etc.
- Replace salt and pepper shakers on tables with salt and pepper packets
- Change out utensils every 20 minutes
- Require employees to wash their hands every 30 minutes
- Post flyers in dining halls containing information on how people can protect themselves and include flyers with every catered delivery
Our valued supply chain is also practicing emergency precautions with their employees and the handling of the products they deliver.
Our chefs and culinarians recognize the importance of continuing to introduce diverse and delicious new dishes to our menus.
To incorporate more fresh, seasonal, and locally grown foods
To infuse our cuisine with new flavors
To encourage innovation and introduce new menu items