Please note that Lower Live will be open Monday–Friday 8 a.m.–7 p.m. All other locations will be closed.
Lower Live will be closed on Friday, June 18 in observance of Juneteenth.
Check our What’s Open page for detailed hours of operation.
Schedules subject to change.
Health & Sanitation
- Increased frequency of cleaning and sanitizing the operation.
- Increased sanitation measures, including handwashing every 30 minutes.
- Stations cleaned and sanitized between each task.
- All employees completed a mandatory COVID-19 Training Program prior to working in the operation.
- BCDS managers are ServSafe certified and remind employees of the importance of increased sanitation protocols.
- Employees are asked to stay home at the earliest signs of not feeling well.
Personal Protective Equipment
- Require all customers and employees to wear face coverings to enter the servery.
- No cell phone use allowed once in the servery to eliminate cross-contact.
Physical Distancing Measures
- Marked all lines for food for physical distancing; a manager will be stationed at the entrance to instruct customers when it is safe to enter and what line they should get in.
- Clearly marked all work stations in both the front and back of the house for physical distancing.
- Clearly marked all kitchen stations to ensure cooks work six feet apart.
- Employee meeting areas marked with six-foot markers for groups to safely meet to review essential daily operations such as menu planning and staff assignments.
- Seating will be reduced in our dining halls for physical distancing. If available, students will have the option to eat in the dining hall or can take their meals to-go back to their rooms or other physically distanced spaces.
Additional Safety Measures
- Plasticware, disposable cups, and takeout containers only.
- Self-service (salad bars, soup stations, etc.) has been eliminated.
- More Grab and Go options available.
- Plexiglass shields installed at each station.
- Contactless payment to eliminate the exchange of change between the cashier and the customer.
- Our valued supply chain is also practicing emergency precautions with their employees and the handling of the products they deliver.
- Face coverings must be worn at all times. Please remove your mask only when eating and drinking.
- Please maintain 6 feet between you and others at all times.
- Please do not move the chairs and tables.
- Please limit to a maximum of six people at a table.
- Table seating is limited to 90 minutes or less per state guidelines.
- Please sanitize your table before and after each use.
Our chefs and culinarians recognize the importance of continuing to introduce diverse and delicious new dishes to our menus.
To incorporate more fresh, seasonal, and locally grown foods
To infuse our cuisine with new flavors
To encourage innovation and introduce new menu items