This year's annual Equity, Justice, and Inclusion Lecture took the form of a panel discussion featuring four social workers at different stages in their careers speaking about the complexities of serving others as men of color in the field. Our panelists include:
- Michael Grinnell, MSW ’16, LCSW, Post-Graduate Fellow at Williams College Integrative Wellbeing Services
- Gregory G. Groover, Sr., DMin, MDiv, MSW, Pastor, Historic Charles Street African Methodist Episcopal Church
- Josh McNeil, MSW ’15, LCSW, Behavioral Health Clinician at Brigham and Women’s Hospital
- Desmond Upton Patton, PhD, MSW, Associate Professor of Social Work, Columbia School of Social Work
- Moderated by Professor for Macro Practice Tiziana Dearing
Following the panel discussion, we honored the recipients of the 2019 Distinguished Alumni Awards, Tanya Sharpe, PhD ’07, and Lamar Polk, MSW ’09.