Some 185 MSW students and three doctoral students have graduated from the program since 2013. Our LLI social work practitioners work with Latinx communities across the United States and abroad in a variety of settings: schools, clinics, hospitals, and prisons, providing an array of services, including behavioral health, individual and family services, case management, advocacy and support, and more.
The LLI works by:
- Recruiting Latinx students
- Teaching classes in Spanish
- Advancing a cohort-based educational model through the Latinx Communities field of practice—where students navigate graduate education together—supported by mentors and each other
- Designing an evidenced-based curriculum of what works when communities lead their own processes of transformation
- Conducting cutting-edge research that is advancing the field on best-practices for social work with diverse Latinx communities.