Guidance and Education
OTTL is dedicated to helping the Boston College community understand the basics of intellectual property protection and how it can maximize the impact of Boston College research. Anyone with questions related to the protection or transfer of intellectual property, even that which might be inventor or author owned, should contact OTTL for a conversation.
- Intellectual Property at Boston College
- Patent Basics
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- The Bayh-Dole Act (AUTM)
- Nine Points to Consider in Licensing University Technology
- U.S. Copyright Office
- Open Source Software Initiative
- Copyright and Scholarship at Boston College
- Tangible Research Property
- Do I Need a Material Transfer Agreement?
- Material Transfer Agreements (AUTM)
- Venture Funding for University Startups