- Pollack, C., Theodorakakis, M., & Walsh, M. E. (2021). Leveraging integrated student support to identify and address COVID-19-related needs for students, families, and teachers. AERA Open. 7(1), 1-18. https://doi.org/10.1177/23328584211058473
- Pollack, C., Lawson, J., Raczek, A.E., Dearing, E., Walsh, M., Kaufman, G. (2020). Long-term effects of integrated student support: An evaluation of an elementary school intervention on postsecondary enrollment and completion. EdArXiv. https://doi.org/10.35542/osf.io/byadw
- Heberle, A.E., Ni Sheanain, U., Walsh, M.E., Hamilton, A.N.,Chung, A.H., Eels Lutas, V. (2020). Experiences of practitioners implementing comprehensive student support in high-poverty schools. Improving Schools, 23, 1-18. https://doi.org/10.1177/1365480220943761
- Walsh, M.E., Adams, S.M., Ferguson, S., Hearst, M.O., Jones, J., Walls, S., Petsagourakis, D., Chung, A., Shannon, U., Theodorakakis, M. (2020). Inquiry in action: Reflections on the implementation of best practices in child and family focused university-community partnerships. Journal of Education. https://doi.org/10.1177/0022057420903255
- Walsh, M.E., Hamilton, A., & Tran, Q. (2019). Role of the university in building schools for the whole child. In R. F. Kronick (Ed.), Emerging perspectives on community schools and the engaged university (pp.40- 61). IGI Global. http://doi:10.4018/978-1-7998-0280-8
- Lee-St. John, T. J., Walsh, M. E., Raczek, A. E., Vuilleumier, C. E., Foley, C., Heberle, A., Sibley, E., & Dearing, E. (2018). The long-term impact of systemic student support in elementary school: Reducing high school dropout. AERA Open, 4(4), 1-16. https://doi.org/10.1177/2332858418799085
- Walsh, M. E., Theodorakakis, M. D. (2017). The impact of economic inequality on children’s development and achievement. Religions, 8(4), 67. https://doi.org/10.3390/rel8040067
- An, C., Braun, H. & Walsh, M. (2017). Examining estimates of intervention effectiveness using sensitivity analysis. Educational Measurement: Issues and Practice, 37(2), 45-53. https://doi.org/10.1111/emip.12176
- Sibley, E., Theodorakakis, M., Walsh, M., Foley, C., Petrie, J. & Raczek, A. (2017). The impact of comprehensive student support on teachers: Knowledge of the whole child, classroom practice, and Teacher Support. Teaching and Teacher Education, 65, 145-156. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tate.2017.02.012
- Walsh, M.E., Theodorakakis, M.D., Backe, S. (2016). Redesigning a Core Function of Schools: A Systematic, Evidence-Based Approach to Student Support. In H.A. Lawson & D. Van Veen (Eds.), Developing Community Schools, Community Learning Centers, Extended-service Schools and Multi-service Schools: International Exemplars for Practice, Policy, and Research (pp. 127-147). The Hague, NL: Springer International.
- Dearing, E., Walsh, M., Sibley, E., Lee-St. John, T., Raczek, A., & Foley, C. (2016) Can community and school-based supports improve the achievement of first-generation immigrant children attending high-poverty schools? Child Development, 87 (3), 883-897.
- Walsh, M.E., Madaus, G.F., Raczek, A.E., Dearing, E., Foley, C., An, C., Lee-St. John, T.J., & Beaton, A. (2014). A new model for student support in high-poverty urban elementary schools: Effects on elementary and middle school academic outcomes. American Educational Research Journal, 51(4), 704-737.
- Walsh, M. E., & Murphy, J. (2003). Children, health, and learning. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Brabeck, M. M., & Walsh, M. E. (2003). Meeting at the hyphen: Schools, universities-communities-professions in collaboration for student achievement and well being. 102nd Yearbook, Part 2. Chicago: National Society for the Study of Education.
- Walsh, M. E. (1992). Moving to nowhere: Children’s stories of homelessness. Auburn House.