Boston College undergraduate students may apply for transfer consideration into Lynch School Applied Psychology & Human Development or Teacher Education majors. To be eligible, students must:
● have a minimum 3.0 grade point average
● have a record free of academic deficiencies
● complete at least four semesters of full-time study in the Lynch School
● transfer after completing freshman year or during either term of sophomore year
Students must make an appointment with either Dr. Julia DeVoy, Associate Dean of Undergraduate Students in the Lynch School, Maureen Raymond, Associate Director, or Jill Pickener, Assistant Director to explore the Lynch transfer process. To schedule an appointment, stop by Campion 104. Following the appointment, students may be invited to submit the following transfer application materials:
● Students who declare Transformative Educational Studies have an option to enroll in a second major in the Morrissey College of Arts and Sciences or an Interdisciplinary Major offered in the Lynch School. A second major is not required.
● Students who declare Elementary Education must enroll in a second major in the Morrissey College of Arts and Sciences or an Interdisciplinary Major offered in the Lynch School.
● Students who declare Secondary Education must enroll in a second major in the Morrissey College of Arts and Sciences in a specific licensure area: English, History, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, Environmental Science, Physics, Classics.
Students who declare an Applied Psychology and Human Development major have options in fulfilling their graduation requirements. Students must choose one of the following:
All applicants will be notified of their status via email. An academic advisor will be assigned. Students who plan to study abroad must make an appointment with Associate Director, Maureen Raymond. Stop by Campion 104 to schedule and appointment.
Your transfer packet includes an application form, two declaration forms, academic integrity form, and a personal essay.
The social science and cultural diversity core will be fulfilled by taking APSY1030 and APSY1031. Foreign language core is not required in the Lynch School. APSY1030, Child Growth and Development, fulfills the education core and the social science core. APSY031, Family, School and Society, fulfills the education core, the social science core and the cultural diversity core.
Eligible Boston College undergraduate students may apply to transfer into the Lynch School of Education and Human Development. Students must:
Students are welcome to make an appointment with Associate Dean Julia Devoy, Campion 118 or Jill Pickener, Campion 104, at any time during the year. Students who are interested in studying abroad, should make an appointment with Maureen Raymond.
The Lynch School requires that all students enrolling in a teacher certification major, complete a second major or interdisciplinary major. Students declaring Secondary Education must declare a specific major from the College of Arts and Sciences as their second major. Students declaring Applied Psycholgy & Human Development as a primary major, must either declare a six course minor from any College of Arts and Sciences department, from CSOM – Organizational Studies-Human Resources Minor, or they may declare a second major or interdisciplinary major.
Interested students are invited to submit the following Lynch School Internal Transfer Application to Campion 104.
In addition, all students must submit, with their application, a 250 word essay explaining why he/she wants to be a teacher or a human service provider. This essay must be completed using some word processing software.
Applications will be reviewed and students will be notified of acceptance or denial at the end of the semester via email. An academic advisor will be assigned and the student should make an appointment with him/her to review his/her program of study each semester.