May Checklist

Welcome to the Student Services Monthly Checklist!

Highlights for May include course evaluations, as well as some special reminders for graduating seniors and incoming freshmen.

Congratulations, Class of 2019!

Action Items

Complete course evaluations

Students who complete all of their evaluations will have access to their grades beginning May 7. Boston College Law School course evaluations opened April 23; all other course evaluations opened May 1. Please complete your course evaluations by May 15 at 11:00 p.m. Visit the Course Evaluations page for more information.

Need space for studying?

Study space will be available 24 hours a day in any open classroom from May 7 through May 14 at noon. Please note the exterior doors to some classroom buildings may be locked after 11:00 p.m.

Register for the summer 2019 semester

Visit the Summer Registration page for more information.

Taking a Boston Theological Institute course?

Students who plan to register for a Boston Theological Institute course either at BC or at a BTI institution may do so in mid-May and should refer to the BTI website for more information.

Contact your academic recorder immediately to resolve any graduation clearance issue (graduating seniors)

Please reach out to the appropriate academic contact:

  • MCAS (undergrad): Terry Lepore
  • CSOM (undergrad), CSON, Lynch (undergrad), and WCAS: Mary French
  • CSOM (grad), MCAS (grad), BCSSW, Lynch (grad), STM: Karen Livingston

Learn what happens to your e-mail and other computing services (graduating seniors)

Visit the ITS Leaving BC page for more information.

Set up e-mail forwarding (graduating students)

Boston College offers lifetime e-mail forwarding where students can keep one e-mail address. For information on how to setup e-mail forwarding, visit the Keeping Your BC E-mail Address after Graduating page. All other BC Services for Graduating Students (BC Google account,, network access, and all other BC services) will be available until October 1. Students will receive an e-mail reminder one month before they lose access.

Pick up diplomas (graduating students)

The first day graduates may pick up their diplomas in the Office of Student Services (if they did not attend Commencement) is May 22, 2019. Diplomas will not be released to students with an outstanding balance.

Mandatory meal plan: use it or lose it!

The final day to use the meal plan is Monday, May 20, 2019 at 9:00 p.m.

If you have not already, review your student account at

All balances are now due in full. Unresolved accounts may prevent your participation in the room selection process, registration for summer and fall, senior week, or Commencement. Please resolve any balances prior to these events.

Incoming freshmen: have you checked your BC e-mail recently?

Did you know that all future University communication will come through your assigned BC e-mail account? Make sure to check this account regularly, so you don’t miss out on important student information. In the next few weeks, we’ll be sending an Orientation Checklist, MCAS survey, and other materials to help prepare for your arrival on campus.

Haven’t set up your BC e-mail account yet? Visit for instructions on how to access your account and create a secondary password.

We can’t wait to see you at Orientation!

Sign up for an Orientation session (incoming freshmen only)

All incoming deposited freshmen must sign up for an Orientation session. If you have not already signed up for your session, we encourage you to do so quickly. Sessions are filling up and are available on a first come first served basis, so sign up today. For more information, visit the First Year Experience website.

Complete the Incoming Student Federal Verification Form (incoming freshmen)

The 2019–2020 Incoming Student Federal Verification Form will soon be posted to the Financial Aid Forms page. All freshmen are required to complete this form as it is used to verify your financial aid award. An e-mail will be sent to all incoming students with instructions pertaining to the submission of this form.

Not completed your financial aid application yet?

Visit the Financial Aid Forms page for forms for undergraduates, graduate students, and law students.
To view a list of financial aid requirements and to check on the status of your application, visit

Enroll in QuikPAY Payment Plan (undergraduate and Law students)

Enrollment for the QuikPAY Payment Plan (available to undergraduate and Law students only) began on May 6 for the 2019–2020 academic year. For more information, visit

Looking for a summer job?

Summer job opportunities are available on the Job Listings page.

Return or renew any library books by their due dates.

To verify the items you are currently borrowing, visit and log into your account.
Library fines and replacement fees for unreturned items will be applied to your student account. You are responsible for all charges. If you have any questions, please contact the O'Neill Library Circulation Desk at 617-552-8038 or e-mail

News and Notes