Learn about the BC voicemail system for faculty, staff, and students.
Voicemail Changes Coming August 10
Starting August 10, voicemail at Boston College will be on a new system as part of a project to replace outdated software and equipment.
Download Voicemail Messages You Want to Keep
If you have saved voice messages in your BC voicemail you want to keep, download them as soon as possible. After August 30, any voicemails on the old system will no longer be available. Follow these steps for each message you want to keep:
- On your computer, log in to vmail.bc.edu.
- From the list view, find the voice message you want to keep, and click on it.
- When viewing the Details of a single message, under the Attachments section, right-click Voice Message, choose Save Link As, verify the location it will save to, and click Save.
Ways to Access Voicemail
- Dial 2-4006 (on-campus) or 617-552-4006 (off-campus).
- Log in using your 5-digit extension (or 6-digits for shared box) and the voicemail password/PIN given to you by the Help Center—617-552-HELP (4357).
- Change your voicemail password/PIN. It cannot include sequential, identical, or adjacent numbers (e.g., 12345, 11111, or 14725).
- Record your name.
- Record and activate any custom greetings.
Online Voicemail Services
In addition to listening to your messages on the phone, you can also listen to and manage your messages using a mobile app.
Installing the App
- iPhones: Search for ThinkRite Voice Client in the AppStore
- Androids: Search for ThinkRite Voice Client in Google Play Store
Using the App
Before setting up the app, set up your voicemail via phone.
The first time you open the app on your device, you are prompted to log in. Use this information to log in:
- Your BC email address in this format: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You mailbox is the last 5-digits of your BC phone number (or 6-digits for shared boxes)
- Your voicemail password/PIN