Mastercard, Visa, American Express, Discover, and debit cards (with Mastercard or Visa logo) are accepted for payment.
Hardware Repair cannot accept cash, personal checks, or EagleBucks for payment.
|Apple||Out of warranty||$73 per repair + parts|
|Dell||Warranty*||No Charge or $50/Convenience Fee**|
|Dell||Out of warranty
||$73 per repair + parts|
|HP||Out of warranty||$73 per repair + parts|
|Lenovo||Out of warranty||$73 per repair + parts|
- *For some retail purchases still under warranty, Hardware Repair has to send the computer to the manufacturer for repair. This may take longer than our usual 48 hour turn-around time. The Hardware Repair technician can provide more details.
- **Dell considers many services to be customer replaceable. If you contact Dell directly, they will send you part(s) to make the repair yourself at no charge. Micros charges $50 to make the customer replaceable repair for you.
- For personally-owned computers that are out-of-warranty, Micros charges a $50 computer diagnostic fee. The fee will be subtracted from the repair charge upon completion of service.
- All charges are based on a per repair basis. There will be no hourly charges incurred.
Additional Service Rates
- $73 per service for Data Recovery, Restore to Factory Settings, Virus/Malware Removal, Data Backup/Transfer, Hardware Install/Upgrade, and Software Install/Upgrade
Note: The Walk-In Help Desk in O’Neill 316 provides many of these services to BC Students at no charge.