The Office of the Vice Provost for Research (VPR) seeks to provide the conditions for success for both student and faculty research at Boston College. The mission of the VPR’s Office is to design policies and procedures that make the research effort more efficient, effective, and transparent.
The VPR headlines two groups that advocate for research excellence at Boston College:
- The University Research Council (URC) advises the Vice Provost for Research about issues that affect the research success of our students, faculty, and staff. The VPR appoints faculty members for a three-year term.
- Additionally, Ignite and RADS proposals will be a function of the committee.
Additionally, the VPR’s Office assists with internal funding such as:
- Research Expense Grants (REGs)
- Research Incentive Grants (RIGs)
- Ignite Program
- Research Across Departments and Schools (RADS)
- External Grant Support