Installing the Citrix Receiver (Windows)
If you need access to local computing resources (such as printers, thumb drives, local hard drives, etc.), then install Citrix Receiver on each computer that you will use to access BC Apps.
The Citrix Receiver must be installed on each computer you want to use BC Apps on.
- Go to: http://receiver.citrix.com
- Click Download Receiver for Windows.
A file called CitrixReceiver.exe will download to your computer.
- Open CitrixReceiver.exe & follow the prompts to install it.
- On the final installation screen, click Add Account.
- On the Add Account window, enter bcapps.bc.edu, then click Add (see Figure 1).
- When prompted, log in with your BC username and password.
- If you have previously used BC Apps on Citrix Receiver using this device, follow the steps in the next section to remove the legacy Citrix account.
- To view the available applications, click APPS.
- Select the application you want to open.
The application opens in a separate tab and you may begin working.
- If you get a message saying there is no storage space available, log out & log back in again.
- If you are using BC Apps on Windows using Chrome, and have not used the Citrix Receiver previously on that device, learn what to do if you see a message prompting you to download an ICA file.
Learn about working with files (on AppsStorage.bc.edu).
Removing legacy Citrix account
If this is the first time you have set up Citrix Receiver, you do not have to do this.
If you have previously used the Citrix Receiver on the device you are setting up, you will have 2 accounts listed in Citrix Receiver. You need to remove the old account.
- Open Citrix Receiver & select the arrow next to your name, and select Accounts (see Figure 2).
- Check the box next to apps and click Remove (see Figure 3).
- When asked if you are sure you want to remove the account, click Yes.
Apps is removed, leaving only BCAppsStore.
- Click OK.