Installing the Citrix Receiver (Mac)
If you need access to local computing resources (such as printers, thumb drives, local hard drives, etc.), then install Citrix Receiver on each computer that you will use to access BC Apps.
The Citrix Receiver must be installed on each computer you want to use BC Apps on.
- Go to: http://receiver.citrix.com
- Click Download Receiver for Mac.
A file called CitrixReceiverWeb.dmg will download to your computer.
- Open CitrixReceiverWeb.dmg & follow the prompts to install it.
- When prompted, check Add Account, then click Continue (see Figure 1).
- On the following screen, enter https://bcapps.bc.edu, then click Add (see Figure 2).
- When prompted, log in with your BC username and password.
- If you have previously used BC Apps on Citrix Receiver using this device, follow the steps in the next section to remove the legacy Citrix account.
- To view the available applications, click APPS.
- Select the application you want to open.
The application opens in a separate tab and you may begin working.
- If you get a message saying there is no storage space available, log out & log back in again.
Learn about working with files (on AppsStorage.bc.edu).
Removing legacy Citrix account
If this is the first time you have set up Citrix Receiver, you do not have to do this.
If you have previously used the Citrix Receiver on the device you are setting up, you will have 2 accounts listed in Citrix Receiver. You need to remove the old account.
- Open Citrix Receiver & select the arrow next to your name, and select Preferences (see Figure 3).
- Check the box next to Apps, and click the minus sign to remove the old account (see Figure 4).
BCAppsStore should be your Primary account.