the bc application server
BC Apps allows members of the BC community to access and use certain licensed applications from any computer with an internet connection. The system includes file storage space (AppsStorage.bc.edu) designed specifically to work with BC Apps.
Accessing BC Apps
To access BC Apps:
- Using Chrome or Firefox, go to https://bcapps.bc.edu (BC sign-in required).
- If you have previously used BC Apps with the Citrix Receiver: In the top right corner of your screen, click the arrow next to your name, and click Change Citrix Receiver.
- On the Detect Receiver page, click Use light version (see Figure 1).
- To view the available applications, click APPS.
- Select the application you want to open.
The app opens in a separate tab and you may begin working. Note: When you click to open a second app, a window will pop up and disappear. The second app will appear in the same tab as the first app.
- If you get a message saying there is no storage space available, log out & log back in again.
Learn about working with files (on AppsStorage.bc.edu).
Note: If you find you need access to local computing resources (such as printers, thumb drives, local hard drives, etc.), install & use Citrix Workspace app.
Learn more about BC Apps
- Working with Files (on AppsStorage.bc.edu)
- Printing in BC Apps: Open the PaperCut Client within BC Apps. Open the application (Word, Excel, etc.) in BC Apps & print from within the app as you normally would using one of the BC print queues: "BCprint-BW" or "BCprint-Color" or "BCprint-graphicsbw"
- Switching Between Apps on Chromebooks
- If you need access to local computing resources (such as printers, thumb drives, local hard drives, etc.), install Citrix Workspace app
- If you are using BC Apps on Windows using Chrome, and have not used the Citrix Receiver previously on that device, learn what to do if you see a message prompting you to download an ICA file.
- Troubleshooting Tips - Understanding Error Messages (when accessing BC Apps using a browser)