VPN (Virtual Private Networking) at BC
Setup Eagle VPN
Eagle VPN Setup Instructions (BC sign-in required)
Important: BC 2-Step Verification is required to access Eagle VPN.
- Verify your mobile phone is on your account: Visit bc.edu/manage2step (BC sign-in required) and select “Manage your Devices” or “Set-up BC 2-Step Verification” and follow the prompts to add your mobile phone number.
- If you have trouble connecting, download & install the Cisco AnyConnect VPN software (BC sign-in required).
- Set up the Duo Mobile app for BC 2-Step Verification.
When to Use VPN
- To access specific computers or servers behind BC's firewall. The firewall is a security measure that prevents anyone that does not have a BC IP address from accessing certain things on BC's network.
- To access confidential BC information from home that should be encrypted (scrambled) while traveling on the internet.
- To access your campus computer through file sharing.
Note: VPN is not needed to access your BC email. A VPN connection is also not needed for standard use of the internet and web; this can be done through your ISP (Internet Service Provider) alone.
DO NOT require VPN
|Services that require VPN|
Using G Suite Abroad
Remember: When you connect to the BC network via Eagle VPN, you are agreeing to the University Technological and Information Resources policy, even if you are using a personally owned computer.