One of the most common and simplest planned gifts is a bequest via your will or trust.
How It Works
You can include BC in your will or trust by giving a specific dollar amount or percentage of your estate or by leaving a specific asset—stocks, mutual funds, real estate, or other property. It’s never too soon to create a will or a trust. Even if you have an existing will or trust, you can add an amendment or codicil at any time. This can be an inexpensive and simple way to make a bequest to BC.
Regardless of your life circumstances, you should have a plan in place to govern how your assets are distributed upon your death.
- Request a FREE copy of BC’s Estate Planning Guide.
- Work with your attorney or advisor to include bequest language in your will or trust. The Office of Gift Planning would be happy to provide suggested language. If you are considering directing your bequest for a specific purpose, please contact us. Working together, we can craft language that reflects your wishes and makes a lasting difference at BC.
Sample Bequest Language
I give and bequeath to TRUSTEES OF BOSTON COLLEGE of Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts, the sum of $___ (or, ___% of my residuary estate), for such purposes as the Trustees of Boston College shall determine to be in the best interests of the University.
I give and bequeath to TRUSTEES OF BOSTON COLLEGE of Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts, the sum of $___ (or, ___% of my residuary estate), to be used for [state the specific purpose, school, or fund].
BC’s legal name, address and tax ID:
The Trustees of Boston College
140 Commonwealth Avenue
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467
Tax ID 04-2103545
AT A GLANCE
- Everyone, any age
- Real estate
- Personal property
- Business interest
- After death
- Reduce estate taxes
- Support BC without depleting current income or assets
- Be flexible: revise your gift at any time should your circumstances change
- Become a member of the Shaw Society
How Can We Help?
We're here to partner with you if you have any questions. Feel free to reach out to us directly or fill out the form.