boston college children's center
Goals for Children
What we anticipate for the children in our care
- Develop socially, emotionally, physically, and cognitively.
- Gain confidence and build self-esteem by practicing and developing self-help skills, becoming more independent, and being a valued member of a group.
- Strengthen communication and cooperation skills.
- Practice self-regulation skills and strategies, while being guided in problem solving and conflict resolution techniques
- Feel special, included, and accepted while their home culture and language is reflected in the classroom environment.
- Participate in tasks that are open-ended, engaging, and meaningful, both indoors and outdoors.
- Gain knowledge about themselves, others, and the world around them.
- Have experiences, which will challenge, inspire, and engage them while playing, learning, and interacting with others.
- Develop skills that will help lay the foundation needed for future school success and support the development of a lifelong love of learning.
Goals for Families
- Families will feel welcomed and respected in our program.
- Parents will feel encouraged to give input regarding their child’s growth and development.
- Teachers and parents form a collaborative relationship.
- Parents feel positively about their child’s education and care.