Employee Benefits at Boston College
As a Boston College employee, you can take advantage of a variety of benefits and opportunities related to protecting and maintaining your health, aiding in your personal and professional development, and enhancing and improving your overall quality of life. While a snapshot of those benefits is provided below, please visit the University's Employee Handbook website for a detailed listing.
Benefits at a Glance
As a Boston College employee, you can take advantage of a variety of benefits and opportunities that will add to the quality of your life. (To be eligible, you must be in a benefits-eligible position, and certain benefits may differ depending on whether you are full-time or part-time.)
Following are examples of the benefits and services available. More complete information can be found in the Employee Handbook.
- Tuition remission
- Group life insurance and long-term disability insurance
- TIAA and Fidelity retirement plans
- Metro Credit Union
- Free checking account with automatic deposit
- Discounts at the University Bookstore
To protect and maintain your health:
- Medical and dental insurance
- Generous sick leave benefits
- Ample vacation and holidays
- On-campus gym, pool, and skating rink
- Faculty/Staff Assistance Program
To aid your personal and professional development:
- Professional and personal development programs
- Access to University library services
To enhance and improve your overall quality of life:
- On-campus childcare
- On-site parking
- Theater Arts Center and Museum of Art
- Athletic events
- On-campus Dining Facilities
Perks of Working at Boston College
Discover the other "benefits" that Boston College has to offer—discounts, cultural events, services, and facilities. This list highlights just some of them. Please call the extension given for further information.
Boston College Bookstore
- Location: McElroy Commons, Hillside Shop (Maloney Hall), Law School (Newton Campus)
- Phone: 617-552-3520
- Hours: Monday–Thursday, 9:00 a.m.–6:30 p.m.; Friday–Saturday, 9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
- Employee discount: A 20% discount on clothing, gift ware, stationery, trade books, and school supplies. Discount not applicable on textbooks or health and beauty aids.
Boston College Children's Center
- Location: Haley Carriage House
- Phone: 617-552-3356
- Provides care for employees' and students' children between the ages of 2 years 9 months to 5 years.
- Yearly lottery for available space is held in fall of each year.
- Location: McElroy Commons 233
- Phone: 617-552-3475
- Provides counseling, spiritual direction, prayer and study groups, retreats, and a monthly women's prayer group.
- Call for further information.
Flex Dining Plans
- Funds are deposited on to your Eagle One Card electronically through Agora.
- Flex Dollars are accepted at the Faculty Dining Room, all dining locations, concessions, GET Mobile ordering, BC Farmers Market, CSA Farm Share, and vending machines.
Margot Connell Recreation Center
- Phone: 617-552-0797
- Membership to the on-campus recreation facility is available for employees and students.
- Pay per visit, or purchase a membership (fee includes all activities).
McMullen Museum of Art
- Location: 2101 Commonwealth Ave.
- ArtsLine Phone: 617-552-8100
- Hours: Monday–Friday, 11:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m.; and Saturday and Sunday, 12:00 noon–5:00 p.m. during the academic year.
- Call for current exhibitions, lecture series and related events.
- Location: Lyons Hall 407
- Phone: 617-552-8720
- Concerts scheduled throughout semester; free or at nominal fee.
- Please call to be added to our mailing list.
Robsham Theater Arts Center
- Theater and dance events during the academic year.
- For information on all campus arts events, call the Arts Hotline at 617-552-4000.
- Includes Thomas P. O'Neill, Jr. Library, School of Social Work Library, Bapst Library, John J. Burns Library of Rare Books & Special Collections, Educational Resource Center, and Law School Library.
- Reading for pleasure or discussion group.
- Library facilities are open to all employees.
- Your BC ID serves as library card for checking out books and other materials.
- For further information, contact a reference librarian in any of the above libraries.
Boston College employees are eligible to receive various discounts and promotions. We would appreciate any comments you may have about your experience using this program, and we welcome any suggestions about additional discount opportunities.
These discounts represent a sampling of available employee discounts and don't constitute an endorsement by the University of any products or services. For additional discounts and to submit comments, email email@example.com.
|BJ's Wholesale Club||
For details about the offer please click on the promo flyer. A basic New Membership is $25/12 months (regularly $55). A basic Renewal is $40/13 months (regularly $55/12 months).
To take advantage of the offer, you need to complete the BJ's application form. The completed form with appropriate credit card information can be scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, faxed to Lisa Engstrom at 508-739-2634, or mailed (with a check if preferred) to: Lisa Engstrom, 100 Corporate Drive, Franklin, MA 02038.
|Boston College Club||Boston College Employees enjoy up to a 40% discount off membership dues and a discounted initiation fee. Visit https://www.clubcorp.com/Clubs/Boston-College-Club/Membership/Boston-College-Alumni-Faculty-Staff for more information or contact Kristina Chao at 617-951-1344 or email@example.com.|
|Dell||To order discounted Dell products for personal use, BC employees can go to www.dell.com/bostoncollege. Important Note: Purchases made on this site are for personal/home use only. Boston College funds cannot be used to pay for these purchases.|
|From You Flowers||Save 20% on all regularly priced floral and gift items with From You Flowers. Visit FromYouFlowers.com/BCedu, or call 800-838-8853 and mention code 87L.|
|Gardner Museum||Current faculty and staff can request individual day passes at the O'Neill Library Circulation Desk.|
|Harvard Pilgrim Health Care||Harvard Pilgrim Health Care members are eligible for savings on a variety of health-related products and services, as well as other discounts. Examples include vision care, fitness (up to $150 health club reimbursement), athletic footwear, acupuncture and chiropractic services, Weight Watchers, and Cambridge Soundworks. Visit the Harvard Pilgrim Health Care BC page.|
|Loon Mountain Resort||Purchase e-Tickets to the Loon Mountain ski area at a special Corporate Employee Savings rate of $78 per ticket. Visit the Loon corporate savings page for more information.|
|Museum of Fine Arts||
Boston College faculty and staff interested in visiting the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston can borrow a free MFA museum pass from the circulation desk (x2-8038) at the O'Neill Library.
|Sprint Phone Services||Visit PCSOrders.com/bcemployees/ to view BC employee discounts and offers.|
|Work from Home Furniture Programs||
Transform your home office into an effective, stylish and ergonomic workspace. Creative Office Pavilion is offering two work from home furniture solutions: a National Office Furniture Etc. curated collection and a Sit On It Seating Work From Home collection. For more information click on the promo flyer.
To take advantage of the National Etc. Collection offer, please contact Meghan McDonnell at Meghan.firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 617-680-4151. To take advantage of the Sit On It Seating offer, please visit their site via this link for a special discount included at checkout.
Workers' Compensation Administrator
781-683-1150 (claims inquiries)
Deutsche Funds (Formerly Scudder Investments
800-541-7705 (general information)
John Hancock Insurance
800-555-8314 (long-term care customer service)
Metropolitan Property and Casualty Insurance
800-438-6388 (inquiries and claims)
617-552-4300 (on-campus representative, Mon. 9 a.m.–1 p.m.)
The Standard Insurance
800-378-4668 (life insurance questions)
800-842-2776 (Phone Counseling Center)
800-842-2252 (Automated Phone Service)