Get Research Help
The seven members of the Teaching & Research (T&R) department provide reference and research assistance to all members of the Boston College Law School community and teach upper-level research courses. All T&R librarians have a J.D. and an M.S. in Library & Information Science.
- Consultations on research and search strategy
- Lexis, Westlaw, and other database training
- Advising on best starting points for legal research
- Advising on identifying and researching paper topics
- Help locating specific legal materials
- Assistance with law review citation checks and source collection
- Research support and consultation for teaching and scholarship
- Training for your research assistants on library resources and procedures
- Research consultations with your students on papers and other class assignments
- Guest lectures on research topics in doctrinal and clinical classes
- Database evaluation and training
For more faculty services, including course reserves, Canvas support, and promotion of faculty scholarship, please visit this page.
Email us your research questions to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll get back to you by the next business. You also can call us at 617-552-2971 during our scheduled reference hours.
Request a Research Consultation
You can request an online or in-person appointment with a research librarian. We can help you get started with a research project or paper, train you on legal databases, give you tips on navigating the Bluebook, or help you locate specific sources. You can choose a specific librarian or the first available.
Chat with a Librarian
To get live help with a research question, you can request to chat with a research librarian during our scheduled reference hours.