The International Studies Program offers a flexible and rigorous interdisciplinary undergraduate major and minor in the Morrissey College of Arts and Sciences that develops keen analytical skills and ethical reasoning amidst complex global dynamics.
Where will the International Studies Program take you?
We can't wait to find out.
- Subscribe to our newsletter, sent weekly during the school year.
- Download our program flyer.
- Read the welcome letter from our director, Erik Owens
- Read about our academic programs in this slide presentation, or watch this webinar (which includes the slide presentation and testimonials from students).
- Read about applying to be an IS major or minor, selecting courses, preparing for study abroad, considering a senior thesis, thinking about career and other post-grad opportunities, and more.
- Read reflections from students and alumni about their experience in the IS Program.
- Although the IS minor is open to all, the IS major is available by application only. Applications for the IS class of 2024 major are due Feb. 1, 2021; the application link will be posted here in November.
- Transfer students may be admitted the summer before Sophomore year if space is available; they should contact the IS Program director for more information.
- We host on-campus info sessions in mid-October and mid-January for freshmen who are considering applying to the major; details will be posted here.
- Please visit our Admission page for complete information about applying to the major, including a recorded webinar with program details and testimonials from a number of current students.
- The IS Program would benefit greatly from a gift of your time (to give advice, share job listings, mentor students, or write about your experiences) or your financial support (to enhance programs and opportunities for studens and faculty)!
- See the Giving page for more details.
To the IS majors and minors in the Class of 2020:
We are proud of your accomplishments, inspired by your diverse passions, and eager to see where you invest yourself beyond BC. Congratulations and keep in touch!