Where will the International Studies Program take you?
We can't wait to find out.
The International Studies Program offers a flexible and rigorous interdisciplinary undergraduate major and minor in the Morrissey College of Arts and Sciences that develops keen analytical skills and ethical reasoning amidst complex global dynamics.
The global coronavirus pandemic has dramatically disrupted our usual routines, but also highlighted the importance of what we study and experience in the IS Program. We will post important updates here as things develop.
- ISP Meetup, Mondays at 4:30pm EDT: We invite IS majors, minors, faculty, staff, and friends to join us by Zoom every Monday at 4:30pm for informal community time to share stories, frustrations, gratitude, and friendship amidst the disruptions we're experiencing.
- Fall 2020 course registration begins April 2.
- You can now book peer advising appointments directly at www.calendly.com/bcisp; a peer advisor will send a Zoom link for the meeting. You can also always email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Peer Advising."
- Please reach out to your academic advisor now to set up a meeting so you can discuss the impact of the Provost's Spring 2020 academic policies and review your course plan and degree audit.
- See our list of pre-approved Fall 2020 courses, or a master list of all pre-approved electives.
- We are currently planning for a retun to on-campus instruction here and abroad, though of course contingency planning is ongoing as well.
- Download our program flyer;
- Read the welcome letter from our director, Erik Owens; and
- Read about our academic programs in this slide presentation.
- Subscribe to our weekly newsletter.
- Read about applying to be an IS major or minor, selecting courses, preparing for study abroad, considering a senior thesis, thinking about career and other post-grad opportunities, and more.
- Read the "IS Voices" section, where students and alumni share what makes the IS Program special and where it has taken them.
- Applications to join the IS Program as a major are due in early February for current BC freshmen. Transfer students will be admitted the summer before Sophomore year only if space is available; they should contact the IS Program director for more information.
- We host info sessions in mid-October and mid-January for freshmen who are considering applying to the major; details will be posted here.
- A link to the application for class of 2024 majors will be posted here in late December 2020.
- The IS Program would benefit greatly from a gift of your time (to give advice, share job listings, mentor students, or write about your experiences) or your financial support (to enhance programs and opportunities for studens and faculty)!
- See the Giving page for more details.