An overnight retreat during Spring Break to get away from the distractions of campus life! Meet graduate students from different schools, study, write papers, or just take some time for yourself on the beautiful shores of Cohasset, MA. Our Catholic, Jesuit identity encourages the practice of "cura personalis", which is Latin for care of the whole person - mind, body, spirit, and soul. Come and Study by the Sea to learn the practice of Cura Personalis as you prepare for the rest of the semester!
*The registration deadline for the Study by the Sea Retreat for graduate students is Monday, February 19, 2024 at 11:59 p.m.
Space is limited and will be granted on a first come, first served basis. Subsequent requests will be put on a waitlist in the order they are received. You will be notified whether you receive a space or are on the waitlist.
- Enjoy an open and flexible schedule to study, eat catered meals, and rest at your own pace.
- Retreatants will have a private room with a desk and access to shared study space with ocean views.
- Opportunities for prayer and reflection, including spiritual direction and Mass, with contemplative offerings including art, meditation, and movement.
- Study by the Sea is offered on Tuesday and Wednesday of Spring Break.
- Transportation is provided.
- The bus will depart from Boston College at approximately 9:30 am on Tuesday, March 5th and will return at approximately 5:30 pm on Wednesday, March 6th.
All graduate students are welcome to participate in the Study by the Sea Retreat. The retreat is rooted in the Catholic, Ignatian tradition, and is open to students of all faith backgrounds. Space is limited, so please apply as soon as possible.
There is no cost to attend the retreat