The International Studies Program offers a flexible and rigorous interdisciplinary undergraduate major and minor in the Morrissey College of Arts and Sciences that develops keen analytical skills and ethical reasoning amidst complex global dynamics.
Where will the International Studies Program take you?
We can't wait to find out.
- Read a welcome letter from our director, Erik Owens
- Keep in touch by subscribing to our weekly newsletter and following us on Instagram and Facebook.
- Meet our Peer Advisors, who help majors and minors understand grad requirements, course registration, study abroad, and more.
- Access forms for course substitutions, withdrawals, or pre-approvals; internships, etc. on the Academic Forms page.
- Learn about the pathway through the major and minor, including admission, selecting courses, preparing for study abroad, writing a senior thesis, and thinking about post-grad opportunities. We have posted presentations, webinars (which inlude student testimonials), and a program flyer.
- Read reflections from students and alumni about their experience in the IS Program.
Please visit our Admission page for complete information about applying to the major or declaring a minor. Here are a few important details:
- BC students who wish to become IS majors should submit an application by February 1 of their freshman year.
- Transfer students who will start their sophomore year at BC should contact the IS Program as soon as you are accepted to BC, and complete the same application as the BC students. Each year we accept a handful of transfer students into our program.
- Late applications may be accepted at the discretion of the director and associate director, when space allows. Please submit your application here and let us know (via firstname.lastname@example.org) that you've filed an application. Please note that it is extremely rare for new majors to be accepted after the first week of their sophomore year.
- The IS Program would benefit greatly from a gift of your time (to give advice, share job listings, mentor students, or write about your experiences) or your financial support (to enhance programs and opportunities for studens and faculty)!
- See the Giving page for more details.
Join a Global Conversation
The Global Conversation project is underway! Join or lead an informal conversation with students from around the world about topics that matter to you. Choose your theme or just let us know you're interested, and we'll find a conversation for you.
Subscribe to the IS Newsletter
Our weekly newsletter includes program news, student voices, faculty profiles, campus events, and info about internships, fellowships, study abroad, and careers. Subscribe here!
Join a Global Conversation
The Global Conversation project is underway! Have an informal conversation with students from around the world about topics that matter to you. Choose your theme or just let us know you're interested, and we'll find a conversation for you.