Chemistry’s professional and support staff—in collaboration with faculty leadership—work together as a well-integrated, high-functioning team. As Chemistry's service center, we are dedicated to providing the highest level of services to the faculty, staff, and students who engage in education and research at the Merkert Chemistry Center. We provide comprehensive services and support in the following areas.
- operations and safety
- space management and planning
- research instrumentation and facilities management
- chemical inventory management (ChemTracker)
- research and financial administration
- procurement services
- human resources management and payroll
- graduate and undergraduate programs administration
- industrial recruiting and alumni affairs
- administrative and faculty support
- web communications and events
- diversity and outreach activities
- IT services
The Chemistry Business Office is located in Room 125 of the Eugene F. Merkert Chemistry Center. We are open Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. (excluding Boston College holidays).
The Business Office assists members of the Chemistry Department with all aspects of:
- Procurement and vendor negotiations
- Travel and expense reimbursements
- Employment and payroll administrations
- Pre- and Post-award grant administration
In these areas, the Business Office serves as liaison with the Office of Sponsored Programs, Procurement Services, Accounts Payable, and Human Resources departments at Boston College and as the key contact with external vendors.
Business Office Staff & Contact Information
Tim King, Procurement & Fiscal Specialist
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 617-552-6357
Office: Merkert 125
Joanne Kirks, Procurement and Fiscal Specialist
Office: Merkert 125
Tim and Joanne process supply and capital equipment requisitions for the teaching and research areas of the department. They are responsible for maintaining relationships with vendors and assist with organizing and coordinating vendor shows, seminars, and training that showcases new products and offerings for the Chemistry Department.
Their responsibilities also include processing expense reimbursements and accounts payable transactions for faculty, staff, and students. Tim also assists with purchase card reconciliations.
Frequently Asked Questions
Registering & Scheduling Services
For information on or assistance with registering for a graduate course, please contact:
For course overrides, laboratory course overrides, departmental permission to take a lecture course, or general registration related matters, please contact: