Office of International Programs (OIP)
Students taking classes in the Department of Slavic & Eastern Languages & Literatures participate in Boston College's programs and international partnerships in Austria, Bulgaria, China, Germany, Israel, Japan, Korea, Morocco, Nepal, Philippines, Poland, and Russia.
For complete information on any of these programs and also on 'unofficial' study abroad, contact the Office of International Programs.
Bulgaria (Veliko Turnovo)
Boston College students participate in the International Summer Seminar for Bulgarian Studies in Veliko Turnovo (Велико Търново) where they study Bulgarian language and culture to supplement our own courses.
Germany and Austria, Study or Work Abroad
Students can study in a German-speaking country for a year, a semester, or a summer, with recommended programs in Eichstätt, Berlin, Heidelberg, Frankfurt, and Vienna. Preferably, students study abroad during their junior year. Students should consult German Studies faculty in addition to the Office of International Programs to learn about the requirements for each specific program. Courses taken abroad in German may be accorded major or minor credit: up to 12 credits may be applied to the major and 6 credits to the minors.
Only German majors and minors are eligible to apply for popular internships, which place Boston College students with companies in Germany every summer. Students are paid through their job and/or through Boston College internship grants and other fellowships.
Students apply for the elite Fulbright program starting the spring before their senior year. For Fulbright information, contact Professor Michael Resler, Lyons Hall 201C, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Boston College Partnership with Eichstätt Catholic University-Beginner
- The Boston College Partnership with Eichstätt Catholic University-Advanced
- The Boston College Partnership with Vienna University of Economics & Business
- The Boston College Partnership with Frankfurt School of Finance & Management
- Graduate Teaching Assistantship at the Catholic University of Eichstätt-Ingolstadt
Other Opportunities for Study in Germany and Austria
- FU - BEST PROGRAM
- Institute of European Studies (IES/IAS)
- Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange for Young Professionals
- Heidelberg University in Germany through ;Heidelberg College in Tiffin, Ohio
- Universität München (LMU) in Germany through Wayne State University in Detroit, MI
- The Goethe Institute, a central registration site and a local Goethe-Institut Boston site
- Jesuit European Volunteers (Website is in German)
- Campus Germany