Faculty, Staff, and Student Openings
Research Associate in Isotope Geochemistry
The Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences at Boston College is currently searchingfor a full-time research associate to work in an isotope geochemistry laboratory.
Bachelor’s degree in Geochemistry, Chemistry, Biology or relevant field; Master’s degree preferred.
- Perform experiments and analyze samples in an isotope geochemistry laboratory (specializing in nitrogen isotope analyses of environmental samples).
- Maintain laboratory equipment, including an isotope ratio mass spectrometer.
- Coordinate with vendors to order laboratory supplies.
- Assists in the development, design, and conduct of research.
- Work independently on collection of data.
- Participates in the interpretation of data.
- May co-author publications and may co-present results at meetings or conferences.
- May supervise other research support personnel (e.g., undergraduate and graduate students).
- Some relevant post-Bachelor’s research experience in a laboratory.
- Prior experience performing independent lab work with complex techniques.
- Prior experience using isotope ratio mass spectrometer.
- Prior experience working in a clean room.
Please send a CV, names and contact information for two references, and a cover letter describing your background and suitability for this position to Dr. Xingchen (Tony) Wang (email@example.com). This position could begin as early as September 1, 2019.
Boston College is a Jesuit, Catholic university that strives to integrate research excellence with a foundational commitment to formative liberal arts education. We encourage applications from candidates who are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic community. Boston College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected category including disability and protected veteran status. To learn more about how BC supports diversity and inclusion throughout the university, please visit the Office for Institutional Diversity.