Campus Recreation employs nearly 400 student employees every year. We offer many opportunities for undergraduate and graduate student employment. We hire Personal Trainers, Facility Supervisors, Intramural Officials, Member Services Attendants, Marketing Assistants, Lifeguards, Group Fitness Instructors, Facility Maintenance, Water Safety Instructors, and much more!
Please view details below on how to apply for the specific position you are interested in. If you have any additional questions about student employment, email email@example.com.
Apply online for current openings with Member Services, Competitive Sports (Club Sports & Intramurals), and Fitness
Note: The Member Services position is fully staffed for the 2021 academic year, but we will continue to accept applications. More information on the hiring process for all three areas is detailed on the application.
- Must be able to work at least 3 two-hour shifts within the times above
- Must work one weekend two-hour shift
- Must be Lifeguard & WSI certified with at least one year experience
- Must be able to do all stroke and diving, and demonstrate the ability to swim the following strokes consistent with the Stroke Performance Charts, Level 4:
- Front Crawl – 25 yards
- Back Crawl – 25 yards
- Breaststroke – 25 yards
- Elementary – 25 yards
- Backstroke – 25 yards
- Sidestroke – 25 yards
- Butterfly – 15 yards
- Must be able to maintain position on back for 1 minute in deep water (floating or sculling)
- Must be able to tread water for one minute
Starting Pay Rate: $16
- Ensure the safety of the entire Aquatic center at the Margot Connell Recreation Center
- Execute preventative lifeguarding strategies to best protect and serve pool users
- Provide excellent customer service to pool users
- Perform basic maintenance tasks
- Lifeguards are expected to work a minimum of two 3-hour shifts each week
- Applicants must hold current CPR/AED, First Aid & Lifeguard certifications issued by the American Red Cross
- Before hire, each candidate must pass a swim test (300 yard swim, 2 minute treading water, retrieving a brick from 12 feet of water)
- All lifeguards are required to participate in In-Service training each semester to practice and sharpen safety skills
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday: 11:30am-2:30pm
- Thursday: 2:30pm-5:30pm
- Friday: 5:45am-8:30am, 5:30pm-8:30pm, 8:30pm-10:45pm
- Saturday: 8:45am-11:45am, 11:45am-2:45pm, 2:45pm-5:45pm, 5:45pm-8:45pm
Starting Pay Rate: $12.50/hr
To Apply: Email Maria Abrams to verify certification and receive an application.
- Responsible for Safety and Security of the Facility
- Opening and Closing
- First Responder to all injuries & incidents
- Supervises all student staff
- Open to graduate students or undergraduate students with EMS experience
- CPR/AED & First Aid Certified
Training will be provided.
Starting pay rate: $13.75/hr
All Facility Supervisor positions are currently filled. Check back soon for updates on new openings.
Work special events before, during and after building hours. Set up/tear down: tables, chairs, signage, volleyball nets, official stands, badminton nets, tennis nets, divider nets, basketball goals, wallyball nets, water stations, technology (scoreboards, laptops, projection equipment, screens, TVs, conference phones, etc) and other equipment as needed. Provide standard of care by being certified in CPR, First Aid, and AED to respond to emergency situations during events. Provide access to facility before or after regular building hours. This position requires schedule flexbility as events will be held at varying times, typically evenings and weekends.
Pay Rate: $13.00
This position is currently closed.
- Light cleaning, vacuuming, and organizing
- Facility set-up and breakdown
- Physically strong and able to perform lifting/moving
- Able to lift 50 lbs
- Works well independently
Starting pay rate: $12.00/hr
Those interested in our faclility staff position should contact Adam Wetherbee, Assistant Director of Facilities & Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested applicants should contact Alexander Marse, Marketing & Communications Manager for more information at email@example.com.
Current BC graduate students will be given priority consideration.