COVID-19: Dining Updates
McElroy is open from 8am–2pm, Monday–Friday.
Face Covering Required
Effective Wednesday, May 6, all customers and staff must wear face coverings in public. Customers without face coverings will not be permitted in the servery. Thanks for your cooperation.
What's on the Menu?
Due to the rapidly changing environment on campus, McElroy will be open as listed but not be following the normal set menus. We will strive to provide as many options as possible based on what products are available and our staffing levels. Be assured that we will continue to provide meals based on dietary concerns as we have in the past.
BC Dining Services has implemented the following protocol since March to help prevent the spread of the Coronavirus.
- Increased frequency of cleaning and sanitizing the operation.
- Increased sanitation measures, including handwashing every 30 minutes.
- Stations cleaned and sanitized between each task.
- All employees completed a mandatory COVID-19 Training Program prior to working in the operation.
- BCDS managers are ServSafe certified and remind employees of the importance of increased sanitation protocols.
- Employees are asked to stay home at the earliest signs of not feeling well.
- Require all customers and employees to wear face coverings to enter the servery.
- No cell phone use allowed once in the servery to eliminate cross-contact.
- All personal belongings must be kept in a cubby outside of the servery. This includes bags, backpacks, packages, etc.
- Allow no more than 10 people in the servery at the same time. When we reach maximum capacity, all customers are required to wait outside in a line designated marked with purple tape for social distancing.
- Marked all lines for food for social distancing; a manager will be stationed at the entrance to instruct customers when it is safe to enter and what line they should get in.
- Clearly marked all work stations in both the front and back of the house for social distancing.
- Clearly marked all kitchen stations to ensure cooks work six feet apart.
- Employee meeting areas marked with six-foot markers for groups to safely meet to review essential daily operations such as menu planning and staff assignments.
- Plasticware, disposable cups, and takeout containers only.
- Self-service (salad bars, soup stations, etc.) has been eliminated.
- More Grab and Go options available.
- Plexiglass shields installed at each station.
- Contactless payment to eliminate the exchange of change between the cashier and the customer.
- Our valued supply chain is also practicing emergency precautions with their employees and the handling of the products they deliver.
Our chefs and culinarians recognize the importance of continuing to introduce diverse and delicious new dishes to our menus.
To incorporate more fresh, seasonal, and locally grown foods
To infuse our cuisine with new flavors
To encourage innovation and introduce new menu items