Professor Sallis has held Chairs at Pennsylvania State, Vanderbilt University, Loyola University of Chicago, and Duquesne University. He is the founding editor of the journal Research in Phenomenology, and General Editor of "Studies in Continental Thought" (Indiana University Press). He has lectured extensively in Europe, Asia, and North and South America, and is the author of 16 books, many translated into other languages.
Fields of Interest
- Ancient Philosophy
- Philosophy of Art, especially in relation to questions of imagination
- Kant and German Idealism
- Recent Continental Philosophy
Current Teaching (2010-11)
- German Idealism
- Kant, Critique of Judgment
- Transfigurements: On the True Sense of Art (University of Chicago Press, 2008)
- The Verge of Philosophy (University of Chicago Press, 2007)
- Topographies (Indiana University Press, 2006)
Note: To view Adobe Acrobat® (PDF) formatted files you will need the free Adobe Acrobat file reader.