"Black Bostonians and the Media"
Friday, April 6, 2018
Corcoran Commons, Heights Room
10:45 a.m. to 7 p.m.
The 2018 theme is designed to encourage an examination of the media and Boston’s black communities from historical, contemporary, and prospective angles. At a time when the media as foundational sources of information are being buffeted by ideological and political assaults, new economic realities, and rapid technological change, it is important that we examine the effect of these changes on both traditional and cutting-edge forms of news delivery and the consequences for black Bostonians.
This year's speakers include:
- Jamarhl Crawford, Editor and Publisher, Blackstonian
- Callie Crossley, Host and Commentator,WGBH
- Kimberly Foster, Cultural Critic and Editor-in-Chief, For Harriet
- Renee Graham, Associate Editor and Columnist, Boston Globe
- Martin Henson, Activist,Black Lives Matter Boston
- Yawu Miller, Senior Editor, Bay State Banner