East European and Eurasian Studies
The East European and Eurasian Studies interdisciplinary minor requires a minimum of 18 credits in approved course work (normally, 6 one-semester courses), distributed as follows:
- 3 credits in Slavic Civilizations (usually Introduction to Slavic Peoples and Cultures)
- 3 additional credits in Russian, East European or Eurasian history, culture or politics
- 6 credits in Russian or in another Slavic, East European or Eurasian language at or above the intermediate level
- 6 credits in approved elective course work from related areas such as: art history, economics, sociology, film studies, literature, linguistics or language, philosophy, or theology, at least one of which should be in Russian literature and/or culture taken at Boston College.
- No more than 6 credits (or 2 courses) may be taken at another institution or a study-abroad program.