Ambassador Program for New Managers
As you navigate your first year at the University, Employee Development would like to provide support through our Ambassador Program. This program will individually match seasoned leaders with new managers on campus.
The Ambassador Program will offer an informal mentor/mentee experience during the spring semester (February - June). The time commitment will be entirely up to the participants and is not intended to add to already busy schedules.
Check in once a month from February to June.
- Be open to exploring a new culture
- Be patient as you learn new policies, processes, and systems
- Approach your work with a sense of curiosity
Benefits of having a mentor:
- Learn about the culture and receive assistance in navigating campus life
- Receive guidance in understanding University policies and processes
- Exposure to a network of dedicated staff willing to assist in your transition to the new role
- Receive academic, professional, and personal support from someone who's been through it
- The opportunity to develop new and/or different perspectives
- Increase career networks and greater organizational exposure
- Provide insight on how your mentee can navigate the BC culture
- Be open and candid
- Maintain the confidentiality of the mentee
- Share your story, your challenges, and successes
Benefits of being a mentor:
- Increase your professional network
- Enhance your people skills in such areas as leadership, interpersonal skills, and communication
- Obtain personal satisfaction by making a difference to the career development of another professional