Employee Development has been advancing the skills, knowledge, and talents of Boston College employees since 1985. A range of workshops, services, and resources, with some customized for departments, provides you the opportunity to learn new things, improve job performance, and help you reach your full potential.
Professional development is a lifelong process. Through training and education opportunities, employees enhance their existing skills and acquire new knowledge. The Employee Development Office strives to support employees at all stages of their career at Boston College by:
- focusing on University core competencies in its program offerings
- aligning program offerings with the objectives of the University Performance Management Program
- integrating diversity, equity, and inclusion and Ignatian tradition as a systemic approach to workplace learning
- helping departments and work groups connect individual employee development with organizational goals and objectives
- emphasizing job enrichment
- bringing employees together to build community, foster collegiality, share ideas, and exchange information
Who benefits from continuous learning?
Employees benefit from continuous learning
By participating fully in any learning activity, you:
- sharpen current skills and acquire new ways to apply them on the job
- increase the value you bring to your role and department
- have an opportunity to meet others across the University and learn from their ideas and experiences
Supervisors benefit from continuous learning
By committing the time to people development, you have employees who:
- are more motivated, focused, and productive
- show improvement in their job performance
- bring a fresh approach in getting their work done
Boston College benefits from continuous learning
By investing in its employees, the University gains and retains employees who:
- are better prepared for Boston College’s future
- use their skills, knowledge, and talents for the overall good of the campus community
- contribute more fully to the University’s mission and goals
Participation in Employee Development programs is a work-related activity and an expectation of one’s job. Our array of workshops, resources, and services are intended to improve employee success and job effectiveness.
Our offerings also serve as an investment in an employee’s future at Boston College by providing opportunities for full professional development beyond one's current role and job description. Programs offered can improve specific skills, enrich the work experience, increase job satisfaction and/or stimulate individual career progress.
Continuous Learning is one of the University-wide core competencies. Employee Development programs provide learning experiences for growth and change, both individual and departmental.
129 Lake Street, Second Floor
Employee Development Office
Department of Human Resources
140 Commonwealth Avenue
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467
Senior Associate Director
Assistant Director, Employee Development and Well-Being