Writing Support Through the CFLC
The virtual tutoring appointments for Writing support, including writing support for English Language Learners, are designed to assist with all stages of the writing process. During a fifty minute face to face Zoom session, students can brainstorm ideas, go over an outline,or work on a draft. Tutors do not edit papers. They will work with you to help your writing improve. To make an appointment please follow the instructions. All appointments begin on the hour (*Except A&P).
The Online Writing Lab (OWL):
The OWL offers asynchronous, email-based feedback on work in progress. Writers can submit drafts and identify revision priorities through an online form and OWL tutors will deliver written feedback within 48 hours. As in face-to-face sessions, OWL tutorials aim to help writers improve their overall processes, with emphasis on higher-order effectiveness rather than cosmetic editing.
Spring Semester OWL Calendar
· Sunday, February 7 - First day OWL is accepting tutorial requests for the spring semester.
· Wednesday, March 3 - Closed for Spring Mid-Week Break. OWL tutorial requests received on this date will be processed on Thursday, March 4.
· Tuesday, March 30 - Deadline for OWL tutorial requests to be completed before Easter Weekend.
· Friday, April 2, to Sunday, April 4 - Closed for Easter Weekend. OWL tutorial requests received during this period will be processed on Monday, April 5.
· Tuesday, May 4 - Deadline for OWL spring semester tutorial requests.
· Friday, May 7 - Tutoring closed for the spring semester.
Please note additionally that the OWL is closed on all Saturdays.
For questions about our tutoring services, please contact:
Frequently Asked Questions about OWL