For questions about our tutoring services, please contact:
Tutoring for the 2024 spring semseter will begin on Thursday, January 25th.
Tutoring will be available through the Navigate portal.
Some of the courses available are:
- Writing support
Tutoring Session Information For Tutees:
Each appointment is 50 minutes long. Appointments can only be booked up to a maximum of 6 days out in advance. No more than 3 appointments per subject within 7 days. If you book 2 appointments for the same subject on the same day, one of them will be deleted. Tutors cannot help with exams or homework to be submitted for a grade. Please respect tutors’ privacy and time. Do not contact them outside of their work hours. This is against Center policy.
Scheduling a Tutoring Appointment:
- Log into your Agora Portal and click the “Navigate Academic Support” link found under the “Academics and Courses” section.
- Once you are at the Navigate homepage, click the link titled “Schedule an Appointment with an Academic Support Office.” It's the blue box in the upper right corner.
- This will take you to a page with a drop-down menu.
- In this menu select “Connors Family Learning Center.”
- This opens up another drop-down menu, where you will need to select “course-based tutoring.”Click “next” to advance to a page with two more drop-down menus.
- In the top one select “Connors Family Learning Center” and in the bottom one, select the course in which you want to receive tutoring.
- After clicking “next” you will arrive on a page that allows you to choose a time and confirm the appointment.
Tutoring is not a substitute for class attendance. Going to class regularly and consistently will help you get the most out of your session.
Appointments can be made up to six days in advance of the tutoring session. Appointments fill up quickly, especially before exams. Planning ahead and making your appointments early will give you a good chance of getting the appointment you want.
Come to the CFLC with specific questions and attempt problems on your own before coming to your appointment.
Come to your appointment with your assignment, book, and other necessary materials. Papers for writing appointments must be printed out ahead of time (Please bring in one copy of your paper for yourself and one copy for your tutor to look over).
If you arrive more than ten minutes late to your tutoring appointment, your appointment may be given away to another student. Appointments are 50 minutes long and will not go over the time limit. It’s best to arrive on time so you can take advantage of the entire session.
Tutoring appointments are 50 minutes long. Only bring in material that you can realistically cover in that amount of time.
Tutoring should be an active dialog. The tutor is not meant to do all the talking. Don’t be afraid to ask questions or ask for clarification if something does not make sense. It is also a good idea to review what you have learned at the end of the session.
Our tutors are students just like you. They are not meant to know everything. Please be patient as they are trying to help you.