Thank you for considering the Boston College History Department in your decision to pursue graduate studies!
Admissions deadlines are January 2 for our Ph.D. program and February 1 for the MA program. Applicants must submit:
- an application form, which can be found on the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences website
- a statement of purpose (one or two pages) emphasizing your intellectual interests and your reasons for choosing Boston College
- undergraduate and graduate transcripts
- GRE general scores taken within the last five years
- at least three letters of recommendation
- a writing sample (preferably 10 to 15 pages) of a research paper written for a recent course or one written expressly for the application
- TOEFL or IELTS scores for international applicants
Please take a look at this webpage for application instructions and e-mail email@example.com with any submission questions. The majority of the materials can be uploaded to the admissions system. Everything else should be mailed to the following address:
Graduate School of Arts and Sciences
Gasson Hall 108
140 Commonwealth Avenue
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467
Do not mail any materials to the History Department.
We wish you the best as you begin the admissions process, and we appreciate your consideration of Boston College.