Requirements for a Committee Evaluation
boston college committee evaluation process
To be eligible for a committee letter by the Pre-Health Committee the following criteria must be met:
- The applicant must have taken at least half of the pre-requisite science courses at Boston College in the past seven years.
- The applicant must secure at least one letter of recommendation from a faculty member who taught them in a science course.
- The applicant must meet all deadlines
One year each of the following basic Pre-Health courses must be taken:
- Biology (plus labs)
- General Chemistry (plus labs)
- Organic Chemistry (plus labs)
- Physics (plus labs)
If you have not completed the above four (4) courses by the end of the Spring semester in the year you wish to apply, you will not qualify for a Spring Evaluation.
In those cases where students/alumni have taken courses at other institutions, the Pre-Healthl Committee normally requires that at least two of the above four basic requirements be taken at Boston College in order to receive a Committee evaluation. Please make an appointment with the Chairman of the Pre-Health Committee if you have questions concerning the above requirements for a Committee Evaluation.