Italian Computer Software
language laboratory catalog
Oggi in Italia 6th Edition
Computerized study modules for the Macintosh; ancillary material for the text Oggi in Italia, 6th Edition (© 1998 Houghton Mifflin Co.) by Merlonghi, Merlonghi, Tursi, O’Connor; includes modules for preliminary lesson through lesson 20; provides practice with vocabulary, grammar items, mini-dialogues and cloze paragraphs.
Transparent Language Sampler
Macintosh software program designed to help students read and understand authentic literature; sampler text in Italian: La ricerca di Ruben Bundy; “transparent language” version of original text features hideable Help windows that provide text-related information when user highlights a segment of text; windows available:
(1) Word Meaning provides literal meaning of each word of original text
(2) Phrase Meaning gives the meaning of a phrase as a whole (i.e. idiomatic sense)
(3) Sentence or Clause Meaning offers the meaning of a highlighted segment of the original text
(4) Comments holds grammatical information, such as infinitives of verbs and other types of “root words”
(5) Notes is used for longer explanations of grammar; program also includes Bookmark, Word Search, Root Search features; includes audiocassette recording of story.