Internal Funding Opportunities
higgins operations and business services
Internal BC funding opportunities are available to all tenure-track faculty members.
- RIG are worth up to a total of $15,000, including one month's summer salary.
- Every year at least 15 RIGs are awarded on a competitive basis.
- All regular, full-time, tenure-track faculty members are eligible to apply for these grants.
Research Expense Grants (REG)
- REG help to finance the smaller expenses of doing research.
- All Boston College tenured and tenure-track faculty are eligible to apply for these grants
- These expenses include, but are not limited to, payment for a library card, travel to libraries, library computer services, photocopying at libraries or of journal articles requested through inter-library loan, and payment to student assistants.
- The typical award will be for several hundred dollars or less. The maximum for a single research expense grant is $2,000.
- Funds are not granted retroactively.
- Application deadlines are in April for Summer/Fall awards, and in October for Winter/Spring awards.
Additional information on other internal grants can be found in the Boston College Faculty Handbook.