Managing Celiac Disease at BC
- If you have celiac disease and have not met with our Dietitian, contact Kate Sweeney as soon as possible to learn about safely dining on campus.
- Follow BC's Meal Accommodation Policy, and register with the Disabilities Services Office.
- If you aren't sure what an item contains or have other questions, ask a manager!
- Be cautious of cross-contaimation (when gluten is transferred from a food containing it to a food that does not contain gluten). If you are concerned, don't hesistate to ask a manager!
- Avoid hidden sources of gluten like sauces and friend foods, grains like couscous and bulgar, and processed meats.
- All granola offered on campus is gluten-free.
- BC uses gluten-free soy sauce.
- Use the Online Menu Filter to check for gluten-free offerings at Corcoran, McElroy, Hillside, Stuart, and Lyons.
- Treats and baked goods are sourced from dedicated gluten-free facilities like Something Sweet Without Wheat and Rich's. Find them in the gluten-free freezers.
- You can use Hillside's Mobile Ordering App to request gluten-free meals in advance.
- The yogurt bar, not including the toppings section, is entirely gluten-free.
- We host gluten-free focus groups. Contact us to learn more at email@example.com.
Liability and Disclaimer Notice
Boston College Dining Services uses soy, tree nuts, peanuts, eggs, dairy, shellfish, wheat, sesame, gluten-containing foods, and other potential allergens in meal preparation. BC Dining staff are trained on and aware of the severity of food allergies and Celiac disease, and allergens are identified to the best of our ability. However, manufacturers change product formulation without notifying BC Dining and cross-contact is possible. Students need to be aware of risks and take responsibility for asking the manager on duty for assistance. BC Dining strongly encourages students with food allergies or Celiac Disease to follow the Policy for Meal Accommodations, and meet with the Administrative Dietitian.
This page links to PDF files. Use this link to download Adobe Reader if needed.