Romance Languages and Literatures

140 Commonwealth Avenue
Lyons Hall 304
Chestnut Hill, Mass. 02467-3804

Telephone: 617-552-3820
Fax: 617-552-2064

Note to all RLL alumni: We are eager to hear from you. Please email us your news (regarding, e.g., your post-BC education, career, publications, awards, etc.) and we will be happy to post it on our website.

The Department of Romance Languages and Literatures is located in Lyons Hall 304. The building is on the west side of the middle campus "Quad" and is easily accessible from both the Beacon Street and Commonwealth Avenue parking garages.

How to reach Boston College and Lyons Hall by Public Transportation.

Department Chairperson

Professor Franco Mormando
Lyons Hall 304C

Director, Graduate Program

Professor Mattia Acetoso
Lyons Hall 307C

Director, Undergraduate Studies

Professor Franco Mormando
Lyons Hall 304C

Department Administrator

Maribel Valdes
Lyons Hall 304B


For academic questions regarding the major or minor, please contact the Section Heads:

For general questions regarding RLL courses that fulfill Core Curriculum requirements, contact Prof. Mormando. 

Prof. Franco Mormando
Lyons Hall 304C

For questions regarding any specific course, please contact the instructor of that course.

To declare a major or a minor, please contact the Department Main Office, Lyons 304.

Phone: 617-552-3820

For all questions regarding language placement, please follow the instructions on our Language Placement pageOn that page you will find the contact information for the appropriate Language Coordinator (French, Italian, and Spanish), should you have any further questions.  

For all questions regarding the university's language proficiency requirement, please consult the Language Requirement page.

For a general overview of semester and academic-year study abroad programs and to apply, visit the Office of Global Education located at Hovey House.

For study abroad, see the relevant section of our department website, where you will also find the appropriate contact information.

For all questions regarding transfer of undergraduate credit from other schools (whether in the USA or abroad), please contact: