Facilities Services is the operational arm of Facilities Management and is responsible for directly supporting the university mission. We are a dedicated team of 312 professionals, working 365 days a year to maintain, repair, and care for over 8 million square feet of buildings and 405 acres of land. Our stewardship extends across four major campuses - Chestnut Hill, Brighton, Newton, Brookline, and includes outlying properties in Dover, Weston, and Cohasset. We are responsible for everything from general building and infrastructure maintenance, cleaning of university spaces, landscape and hardscape upkeep - including snow removal - to managing a university warehouse and delivering all mail and packages. Our Athletic Maintenance department directly supports a Division 1, ACC athletics program. Throughout the year, we help bring hundreds of university events to life.
Major Functions by Department
- Trades Services - Responsible for the operations and maintenance of buildings and most infrastructure of the univeristy. This department encompasses HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, and Carpentry shops. In addition, the Trades Services Lockshop manages and services all mechanical locks, keys, and door hardware.
- Custodial Services - Responsible for the cleaning of buildings, pest control, and managing the university's recycling and waste stream. This department also conducts snow removal around all buildings.
- Landscape Services - Responsible for regular upkeep, maintenance, and enhancements of the university's landscape and hardscape. The team provides direct support for numerous outdoor events and handles small furniture moves. Additionally, they oversee campus snow removal with the help of in-house staff and multiple contractors.
- Athletic Maintenance - Provides direct support for all operations related to 25 men's and women's athletic teams. This includes event/game/match setups, monitoring, and breakdowns. The department is responsible for the care and maintenance of all athletics facilities, including natural and synthetic fields/turf.
- Support Services & University Properties
- Mail & Package Services - Receive, process and deliver incoming packages, mail and all university distribution.
- Warehouse & Storage Operations - Operates and maintains a 17,000 square foot rented warehouse in Watertown.
- University Properties - Oversees and manages remote university properties in Dover (Connors Center), Weston, and Cohasset (Bellarmine House).
- Sustainability - Oversees and coordinates sustainability activities and initiatives across the campus. This department integrates the actions of students, staff, and faculty to promote a sustainable environment.