Spend a summer in Boston learning from the same faculty that
Bloomberg Businessweek ranked A+ for teaching quality and No. 3 in
“Best Undergraduate Business Schools 2016.”
The Carroll School of Management Summer Management Catalyst Program is designed exclusively for non-management students. The Catalyst Program is an intensive, full-time, for-credit program, designed to develop a solid and broad foundation in the functional areas of management.
Over the summer, participants will take three full courses and a career practicum that covers a wide range of business management topics, including management, accounting, finance, marketing, ethics, law, Excel, big data, and career skills. The program is nine weeks and nine credits with students receiving full classes in Financial Accounting, Marketing Principles and then students have the choice of Basic Finance or Business Law as their third course.
Students interested in minoring in the Carroll School of Management could apply this coursework to their minor. Financial Accounting and Basic Finance would apply for two of the required courses for the Finance Minor. Financial Accounting and Marketing Principles would apply for two of the required courses for the Marketing Minor. Financial Accounting would apply for one of the required courses for the Accounting Minor.
- Learn how organizations operate and develop management skills to contribute to complex, not-for-profit, business and government entities.
- Complete the core management courses in one summer and receive 9 credits through the completion of 3 full courses–ideal for students who find it difficult to fit management courses into their schedule and students interested in completing a Carroll School Minor.
- Develop career strategies in building your personal brand through sessions on skills assessment, writing resumes and business letters, interviewing skills, effective networking, and employer panels.
- Attend a Catalyst-exclusive Career Networking Night with employers from a wide array of industries looking to recruit Catalyst students specifically.
- Stand out in the competitive job market for internships and full-time positions with enhanced credentials from the summer program, including Excel, and exposure to programming languages.
At a Glance
How long will it take?
The Catalyst Program is an intensive, full-time, summer program running from Tuesday, May 21st through Friday, July 19th with extended weekend breaks for Memorial day and Independence Day.
How many courses?
Students will take three full, graded courses that include Financial Accounting, Marketing Principles and then the choice of Basic Finance or Business Law, and a career practicum covering a wide range of business management topics including Excel, Big Data and Career Preparation. Students will receive nine credits upon completion of the program.
How much will it cost?
Tuition is $12,800 for 2019. There is a $50 application fee. Housing at a Boston College domitory is optional and available for an estimated $1,800 for the duration of the program.
IS FINANCIAL AID AVAILABLE?
A limited number of need-based scholarships are available. Students must apply by February 1, 2019 via the standard application linked below to be considered.
Application and Deadlines
Applications for the 2019 Summer Management Catalyst Program will be available from December 1 through March 15, 2019.
- Students who wish to be considered for need-based scholarships must apply by February 1, 2019.
- All other applicants may apply by March 15, 2019.
- Admissions decisions will be made by April 1, 2019.
Hear what Catalyst alumni say
“After completion of the program, I received a job offer from Oracle for a position within their sales department and interviewed with EY for a human capital consulting position and Textron for their HR rotational program. I never would’ve imagined that I would have been granted an opportunity to interview at these firms with my background, but the Catalyst Program seems to have helped me stand out among stacks of resumes.”
“The Summer Management Catalyst Program has been instrumental in my job search. My participation in the program led me to a newfound interest in finance. In the fall, I interviewed with roughly 20 different firms and received offers from Liberty Mutual and NewStar Financial. I recently accepted an offer at NewStar Financial as a member of their Analyst Class for 2015. I honestly believe I would not have received these job offers if I hadn’t participated in the Catalyst Program. The foundational course work in finance and accounting has been helpful in all of my interviews, especially technical ones.”
“In the past year, the value of the Catalyst program and its role in giving my theater degree wheels in the business world has become abundantly evident. I’m going to be working directly for Dan Gilbert in Detroit, executing the creation of a performing arts center downtown that I pitched. It’s an awesome, dream fulfilling opportunity that has involved a lot of luck and circumstance. That said, I would never have been in the conversation had it not been for the path I set down with Catalyst and the skills that I learned.”
“Following my summer in the program, I received a handful of intereviews and each interviewer asked about the Summer Catalyst Program. It’s a great talking point that allows me to demonstrate interest and background knowledge in the business world. The Summer Management Catalyst Program made me feel more confident going to interviews because I have the ability to better articulate my interests and skill set, which makes a huge difference.”